• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sortilege

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Sortilege or the act of drawing a card or other item at random, to help divine events.

I have recently taken up Runic Sortilege, as a way of determining the acceptability of offerings given and blessings that are conferred during ritual.

During my most recent Midsummer Ritual; and after all of my offerings to the Gods, Ancestors, and Spirits were made; I reached into my rune bag and drew the Rune Ehwaz. The literal meaning of this rune is "Horse", and I took it to mean trust, and friendship of the Gods (Sunna, in particular was this Rites main deity), given one needs to be trustworthy and friendly to get near any horse.

Do you use Sortilege? What do you use it for?

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
I use sortilege by drawing cards (with various demon seals on them) as essentially a way of flipping a coin. I will then use the card I drew as a meditative aid.

Very rarely, I will do full cartomancy spreads when I just can't make heads or tails of a situation, and the cards will help give me a new perspective.