• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry that I cannot stay here

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
You're not hated. Just employing some of the same tactics seen in politics, such as "my way or the highway" approaches.

I mean, I have no problems with you leaving or staying. But if you're going to leave and make a thread about it, at least think of a better reason than pointing to some religious people who won't likely change their beliefs when presented with say, scientific fact, then you using those examples to apply to all theists.

Phaedrus

Then why are you still here? If you're not looking for anything related to religion, then what?

An atheist who sees religion as the fiction it is can still discuss it as such in the same way any individual discusses the fiction in which s/he is interested. Take Harry Potter, for example, except in my case I will, of course, be arguing against taking religious mythology seriously.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
An atheist who sees religion as the fiction it is can still discuss it as such in the same way any individual discusses the fiction in which s/he is interested. Take Harry Potter, for example, except in my case I will, of course, be arguing against taking religious mythology seriously.
Being here basically to tell religious people their ideas are stupid is not exactly a great reason and pretty contrary to the forum mission. That's pretty akin to a Muslim coming onto an Atheist forum and telling everyone they're all delusional and are going to hell if they don't convert. It's unwelcome at best.

Last edited:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Your words, not mine.

I am here to allow others the opportunity to understand reason via atheism.
Which is really just another way of saying trying to deconvert religious folks. Either way, you've presented yourself as someone who thinks religion is stupid and unreasonable and is only here to tell people that and to push atheism. Still a pretty crappy C.V.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The same can be stated for those who advocate for religion. I guess we're both judgmental tw@ts, then. ;)
No, because preaching on here is against rule 8. Not all religious people want others to be the same religion as them. RF is primarily a debate forum. That you've stated you have no interest in learning about others' religions and are only here to try to 'allow others the opportunity to understand reason via atheism.' means you're walking a fine line on the rule 8 razor.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Your words, not mine.

I am here to allow others the opportunity to understand reason via atheism.
I'm here to allow people the opportunity to learn Japanese, even though I don't speak it myself. :thumbsup: