• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sorry that I cannot stay here

Terry Sampson

From this thread's title: "Sorry that I cannot stay here"

Ahhh, ... another casualty of the Great War of Irreconcilable Differences. Gimme a match.

Screenshot_2019-10-15 Viking funeral - Google Search.png

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I thought that I would give it a shot, check out how an inclusivity forum works out, but this simply is not the place for me.

I fit in best on atheist forums.

Being here on this forum feels as though I am having the oppressive shackles of religion placed back on when I worked so hard on removing them.

Thank you for having me, nonetheless.

Take care.
What? No Bushido?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I happen to think Buddhism is an absurd religious idea. And Satanism. I guess I am within my rights to throw a hissy fit because they are being discussed on here?
I kinda agree. Buddhism hardly qualifies as a religion. Must be the hats and flowing robes.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Perhaps I was unclear.

The problem is there is too much inclusivity here, to the point where unrealistic religious concepts are treated as valid when they should not be.

I don't know, I've learned a lot by engaging in many debates, and taking the position of an anti-theist.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
He complained that our forum is too inclusive.

Where do you draw the line on what is an absurd religious idea and decide the forum should not include it?

Who decides that?

You? Me? David? Who?

Or should we allow all ideas here and pride ourselves on our inclusivity and ability to discuss them, no matter how we feel about them?
There is no clear answer. And there is definitely no need to needle the OP for disagreeing with your take on how to answer those questions.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I thought that I would give it a shot, check out how an inclusivity forum works out, but this simply is not the place for me.

Being here on this forum feels as though I am having the oppressive shackles of religion placed back on when I worked so hard on removing them.

Take care.
Well first, nice to meet you. :)

Maybe pop in again from time to time.

Anyway, take care and all the best.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm laughing at the atheists becoming upset because there are religious people with religious ideas on a religious forum.

Jeez.

What's next? Making the sign of the cross in a Catholic church? Where will it end!? :eek:

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Take care.
Sorry to see you go. But a word to the wise -- you can't change the world at all by simply preaching to those who already agree with you. The only way to make things change is to find some way to get those who disagree to listen. Even just a little....

Agreement, after all, is the antithesis of conversation.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'm laughing at the atheists becoming upset because there are religious people with religious ideas on a religious forum.

Jeez.

What are the odds? Right?
Yet, I remain here because I know with perfect certainty that we all have to inhabit this world together, and think that understanding each other better is at least a plausible way to move forward.