• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sophia...

PeteC-UK

Hi Folks..

Sophia - from a gnostic perspective - and as explained by Christ in the original gospel of John - would be that which we modern days term a "goddess" - though strictly speaking, She is many things all at once...lol...

What I mean is first - She is "Divine Personality" - one aspect of a THREE part MIND that is the primal spirit and cause of all creation - one Personality WITHIN that mind - there are three - Christ and the Father being the other two - though as I say I describe it this way for conveniance, and actually there is no seperation - the Diviine Mind is WHOLE, The Father, Christ and Sophia TOGETHER comprise the FULL Divine Presence...

Sophia was the FIRST Self representation that came forth from the Divine mind.. As plainly as I can say it - the Father mind had its very first thought of "existance" - the mind said to itself - Wow - I AM, I EXIST - and because the nature of mind demands complete Self understanding, so immediately this Mind followed with the second thought - WHAT AM I..?...The mind needs always to define and understand it Self - and so to achieve this, a symbolic representation was formed....This first symbol of Self - was a "cloud of Light" - energy itself - where nothing existed, now there shone forth this blazing Light....The Mind saw the Light, KNEW it was the Self - a symbol of its own nature - and so it is a "personality" within that mind....This first personality so realised is Sophia - literally the "living CONSCIOUS energy" from which ALL material Creation will then be formed...because She is the PRIMAL Source of Creation - we have termed her the MOTHER of Creation - Eternal Womb, as from HER energy the creation is birthed..

She is BOTH - an entire REALM OF EXISTANCE - the first Primal realm of NONE MATERIAL fully abstract existance - in this aspect She is known as Barbello...She is also as said - 1 unique part of that Trinity mind that causes All creation and in this aspect She is a Goddess, counterpart and consort to Christ -TOGETHER they combine in union to form PERFECT creation...And She is also the INDIVIDUAL "energy of Soul" that literally powers the human bodies we now wear like clothes (the mind INHABITS / indwells the human form) as She is as said the living Conscious energy that is over All, and when the individual here recognises this truth within them Self, it awakens a NEW mind - new perspective of Self, and as this happens we say that individual has now received the "Holy Ghost" and is communing directly now WITH that Divine Presence......

SHE is a complicated entity indeed....Literally Mother of All as She IS the living Conscious energy that all creation is formed form...First "thought" of the Primal Divine Mind - and first personality to step forth from Silence ;)

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
i have read that the concept of Sophia might be the predecessor of the concept of the Logos.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
i have read that the concept of Sophia might be the predecessor of the concept of the Logos.
It might be, but the 'Logos' was already a concept in Greek long before it was in Christianity. I know not enough to comment further though.

DavidFirth

Hi Folks..

Sophia - from a gnostic perspective - and as explained by Christ in the original gospel of John - would be that which we modern days term a "goddess" - though strictly speaking, She is many things all at once...lol...

What I mean is first - She is "Divine Personality" - one aspect of a THREE part MIND that is the primal spirit and cause of all creation - one Personality WITHIN that mind - there are three - Christ and the Father being the other two - though as I say I describe it this way for conveniance, and actually there is no seperation - the Diviine Mind is WHOLE, The Father, Christ and Sophia TOGETHER comprise the FULL Divine Presence...

Sophia was the FIRST Self representation that came forth from the Divine mind.. As plainly as I can say it - the Father mind had its very first thought of "existance" - the mind said to itself - Wow - I AM, I EXIST - and because the nature of mind demands complete Self understanding, so immediately this Mind followed with the second thought - WHAT AM I..?...The mind needs always to define and understand it Self - and so to achieve this, a symbolic representation was formed....This first symbol of Self - was a "cloud of Light" - energy itself - where nothing existed, now there shone forth this blazing Light....The Mind saw the Light, KNEW it was the Self - a symbol of its own nature - and so it is a "personality" within that mind....This first personality so realised is Sophia - literally the "living CONSCIOUS energy" from which ALL material Creation will then be formed...because She is the PRIMAL Source of Creation - we have termed her the MOTHER of Creation - Eternal Womb, as from HER energy the creation is birthed..

She is BOTH - an entire REALM OF EXISTANCE - the first Primal realm of NONE MATERIAL fully abstract existance - in this aspect She is known as Barbello...She is also as said - 1 unique part of that Trinity mind that causes All creation and in this aspect She is a Goddess, counterpart and consort to Christ -TOGETHER they combine in union to form PERFECT creation...And She is also the INDIVIDUAL "energy of Soul" that literally powers the human bodies we now wear like clothes (the mind INHABITS / indwells the human form) as She is as said the living Conscious energy that is over All, and when the individual here recognises this truth within them Self, it awakens a NEW mind - new perspective of Self, and as this happens we say that individual has now received the "Holy Ghost" and is communing directly now WITH that Divine Presence......

SHE is a complicated entity indeed....Literally Mother of All as She IS the living Conscious energy that all creation is formed form...First "thought" of the Primal Divine Mind - and first personality to step forth from Silence ;)

What a crock.