• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soon To Be Forgotten

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Does it matter that we will eventually fade into the memory hole after our passing, that those who knew us will also fade away, and that our existence will forever be lost to the past?

I think what matters is the time spent in the present, with the people we enjoy. Though it might be lost with time, it was fun while it lasted. :)

pexels-pixabay-207896.jpg
pexels.com/iStock

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't know how many people will understand this, but if I had my preferences, I would prefer not be remembered. The idea I'll be forgotten in time is comforting.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Does it matter that we will eventually fade into the memory hole after our passing, that those who knew us will also fade away, and that our existence will forever be lost to the past?

I think what matters is the time spent in the present, with the people we enjoy. Thought it might be lost with time, it was fun while it lasted. :)
Not that it matters, but breathe, drink, eat and rest give you extra time to figure it out

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

I think what matters is the time spent in the present, with the people we enjoy. Thought it might be lost with time, it was fun while it lasted. :)
With all of the evil humans have done to each other and continue to do to each other, passing through the river of forgetfulness at death may be seen as a means to stop/slow the escalation of evil from revenge.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

View attachment 46950
pexels.com/iStock

I think I was forgotten until I started posting again this morning. ;)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It is said that while we are remembered we still exist, at least in thought.... but everyone dies and those memories die with them.

Does it matter to anyone to day that people died 100 years ago? In some few cases their achievements are remembered, but not the person, the personality.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know how many people will understand this, but if I had my preferences, I would prefer not be remembered. The idea I'll be forgotten in time is comforting.

The pain of loss those memories can give our survivors is a concern for sure. Without those memories their lives will continue without the weight of loss

Dave Watchman

52486_efe99803f255e215113c7de1b42d6f88.jpg

That you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.

il_1140xN.1187608685_3e2v.jpg

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Christ Jesus,

God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.

il_794xN.1140582650_2i60.jpg

Peaceful Sabbath.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
My feeling is that I need to leave my little section of Earth at least a tad bit better than what it was before I arrived.

A Vestigial Mote

...it was fun while it lasted.
This is about it, from my perspective.

Each of our little continua of consciousness/personality/memory is a tiny, meaningless blip in the void. We have meaning to one another, as it should be, but I feel that more people need to fully grasp the true weight of human consciousness as compared to the ongoing function of the universe. It doesn't "care" we're here. We care. And still that's more than enough.

Dave Watchman

I dislike it, but that's what happens.

I don't think that's what's going to happen.

I think that every single second, of the life of every person who has ever lived is recorded.

Take Hitler for example. Adolph Hitler thought that he ended it all by swallowing a cyanide capsule and shooting himself in the head in his underground bunker.

tdih-april30-HD.jpg

According to my understanding of the Script, not so fast mein Fuhrer, many of the people, 6 million or more, who came into unfortunate contact with him, will have the chance to pour over the pages of his life. Adolph Hitler dreamt of a 1000 year Reich, but for 1000 years while he sleeps, the saints will be watching and pondering over the days of his life.

They will watch from the time he was a little boy, then through to puberty and on into manhood, they will see all the opportunities he had to make the correct choices, but did not. The saints will then help to decide with how many stripes he is beaten with prior to his annihilation. Some will be beaten with few, some with many.

Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world?​

Poor Lee Miller.

She thought she and Dave Scherman were all alone in Hitler's tub.

Copyright_LeeMillerArchives_Lee_Miller_in_Hitlers_bathtub_Hitlers_apartment_Munich_Germany_1945.jpg

"For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.​

Peaceful Sabbath.