• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sons of God,Nephilim,Son of Man

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Meanwhile, "Sons of God" is in clear reference to Angelic Beings in Job and the Septuagint of Deuteronomy 32:8 (and other places).
Let's also not forget that the nations of Israel and Ephraim are basically called God's "sons", as well, in Jeremiah 31:9. The term "Son of God" can be used in any number of ways, much like "Elohim." And these usages can even be mutually exclusive of one another.

Shermana

Heretic
Let's also not forget that the nations of Israel and Ephraim are basically called God's "sons", as well, in Jeremiah 31:9. The term "Son of God" can be used in any number of ways, much like "Elohim." And these usages can even be mutually exclusive of one another.

All it says is that Ephraim is the Bekor. Entirely different term. The concept is only similar in English. "Son of God" is nothing related except the idea of being the "Firstborn" which has a very different context in this case. The only thing related is the idea involving what we call "Child", but there's no reason to assume the idea had a similar "Son of God" connotation. Being "Israel's Father" does not make them a "Son of God". They are not "basically called".

We must be careful not to use English similarities to justify a position regarding vastly different Hebrew terminology. I don't think there's any justification to interchange the concepts whatsoever. I believe the writers used "Son of God" as a very specific term to describe very specific beings and did not intend for later non-Hebrew speakers to mix and match.

Especially so is the glaring Deuteronony 32:8 example, the Masoretes knew exactly what it meant when they changed it to "Sons of Israel". Otherwise they'd have no problem keeping it. That should be slam dunk evidence if there ever was that the term meant something very, very specific.

Last edited:

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
All it says is that Ephraim is the Bekor. Entirely different term. The concept is only similar in English. "Son of God" is nothing related except the idea of being the "Firstborn" which has a very different context in this case. The only thing related is the idea involving what we call "Child", but there's no reason to assume the idea had a similar "Son of God" connotation. Being "Israel's Father" does not make them a "Son of God". They are not "basically called".

We must be careful not to use English similarities to justify a position regarding vastly different Hebrew terminology. I don't think there's any justification to interchange the concepts whatsoever. I believe the writers used "Son of God" as a very specific term to describe very specific beings and did not intend for later non-Hebrew speakers to mix and match.

Especially so is the glaring Deuteronony 32:8 example, the Masoretes knew exactly what it meant when they changed it to "Sons of Israel". Otherwise they'd have no problem keeping it. That should be slam dunk evidence if there ever was that the term meant something very, very specific.
Then why are both Adam and the angels called "sons of God"? Angels and humans are two very different creatures, after all.

Shermana

Heretic
If you're referring to Luke 3:38, the term "Son" is not used. Simply "of God". It is only used at the beginning when it says "He was the Son as considered of Joseph, and there's no reason to assume that the consistent genetive-article (Tau) has the same implication of "Son of" in the sense it was used directly for Angels. Again, we cannot use English to compare to the Hebrew, and in this case, the Greek itself. The term "Son of God" is obviously very specific, enough to the point that the Masoretes deliberately edited Deuteronomy 32:8's reference to "Sons of Israel", they obviously knew what was up, otherwise they'd have no problem explaining away that "Son of God" didn't mean something problematic.

Last edited:

Dinner123

In Genesis chapter 6 it talks about the Sons of God, the Nephilim, and the Gibborim.This was Noah's day.The flood and killed all because of thier ways.In mat,mark,luke, and John as say that the day of the coming of the son of man will be like the days of Noah.

How does this play into the days Jesus comes?How close are we genetically and biologically away from something like this?
We already have GMO food, and cloned animals. Scientists in the UK have admitted they've been combining human and animal genetics. Who knows what unscrupulous governments world wide have in black projects. Human animal chimeras? Human clones? Genetic "super soldiers"? Are they gathering DNA from the remains of ancient giants? We just don't know what they really have, or don't have.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
We already have GMO food, and cloned animals. Scientists in the UK have admitted they've been combining human and animal genetics. Who knows what unscrupulous governments world wide have in black projects. Human animal chimeras? Human clones? Genetic "super soldiers"? Are they gathering DNA from the remains of ancient giants? We just don't know what they really have, or don't have.
...so let's throw speculations around as if they hold weight.

Dinner123

...so let's throw speculations around as if they hold weight.
The thing is, as I pointed out we already know some of the things they have done. GMO food, animal clones, mixing human and animal DNA. So, keeping that in mind, it isn't that hard to speculate on what they could be doing behind closed doors with basically unlimited government funding and little to no public oversight or accountability.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
The thing is, as I pointed out we already know some of the things they have done. GMO food, animal clones, mixing human and animal DNA. So, keeping that in mind, it isn't that hard to speculate on what they could be doing behind closed doors with basically unlimited government funding and little to no public oversight or accountability.

Of course it's not hard, which is why it has no weight. If I said they were building a 1:1,000,000,000 scale model of the planet Jupiter with working storm, it'd be equally worthless.

Dinner123

Of course it's not hard, which is why it has no weight. If I said they were building a 1:1,000,000,000 scale model of the planet Jupiter with working storm, it'd be equally worthless.
I may be ignorant in this, but the scale model you speak of sounds rather implausible.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I may be ignorant in this, but the scale model you speak of sounds rather implausible.

But...it isn't that hard to speculate on what they could be doing behind closed doors with basically unlimited government funding and little to no public oversight or accountability.

Jason0047

Check out Mike Hoggard's Videos on Giants. In fact, I just recently watched these videos for the first time this past week before even seeing this thread. Very good videos. I have watched Chuck Missler's videos on the Nephilim (in the past), but Hoggards is by far the best ones I seen on this topic that really uses a lot of Scripture. For it will definitely open up your eyes more to God's Word (that's for sure).

Just go to YouTube and type in the keywords:

"Mike Hoggard Giants"

Special Note: There are three parts.

Last edited: