• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sonic Frontiers review, part II

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I posted my hot take of the game Sonic Frontiers here: 3 Hours With Sonic Frontiers

I have now finished the game after 18 hours of playing, and here are my additional thoughts:

One mistake I made was assuming I would experience the game to the fullest 3 hours in. Like an RPG, it kind of takes 8-10 hours to get a feel of the game. And get the hang of it. The graphics to the game are decent, but some areas look way better than others. The music is really good. The level design is competitive. The story ends up being pretty good, but it's kind of a "mystery story" until the last 3 hours, that leaves you guessing. By the end of the game, everything works together to high production values and great presentation value, and leaves you feeling satisfied to have played and finished the game.

There is one big negative to the game, though. The Game Design isn't always perfect, and makes some rookie mistakes. The biggest mistake was a 30 minute Pinball mini-game which occurs three-fourths through the game, and is mandatory to get through the game, yet me, and many other people, have felt the mini-game was very poorly done, frustrating, and doesn't live up to being in a $60 game - or even in a $10 game.

That being said, based on the experience of having played through the whole game, I now have to actually upgrade my rating, due to the game becoming extremely fun and feeling 'complete' the last 3 hours of gameplay. And leading to an exciting, vibrant rush of energy and bliss as your fingers mash through the last 2-3 hours.

I am updating my review score of 6.2/10 I gave the game 3 hours in, to 7.1/10. Based on this new information.