• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Songs that affect your emotions

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member

There are certain songs that make me choke up, and this is one of those ones, but I could never understand why.

Maybe it's because it's about searching for an identity?
Sometimes I think emotions are the most mysterious part of being human.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The title sing for the animation Flight of Dragons by Don Mclean. It was my favorite movie as a kid and it just hits me in the feels every time.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
This one isn't much of a mystery, but it just tears me up. A reminder of all the people that you were once close to that become strangers...

Viker

Häxan
It's my life anthem. A testament that metal isn't all about growling and edgy lyrics!
I like some of the growling. Nobody did it better than Chuck Shuldiner from Death. You can understand nearly every thing he's saying. David Vincent and Steve Tucker from Morbid Angel are some other decent growlers. :p

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I like some of the growling. Nobody did it better than Chuck Shuldiner from Death. You can understand nearly every thing he's saying. David Vincent and Steve Tucker from Morbid Angel are some other decent growlers. :p

Amon Amarth are quite good at it too. :D

amorphous_constellation

Well as a musician, and music listener, I guess I think of it in terms of energy, that you're either trying to create, or harvest, out of the music. And the energy in the music, if it's good music, and pretty much any music can be good, is there to move a person. Over the past couple years though, I haven't really listened to enough music. I don't really know why, but it got a point where sitting down with an album felt like work, to listen to you. Lately though, I think that's starting to change back to what it should be, though I'm not certain why

I can get sick of any song, and I can go back to liking it. Anything can move me, and I guess anything can bore me, I guess if I let it.

If you're asking for some potentially 'moving' tracks in the minor key, then I guess I always kind of liked the 'b minor mass' by bach. Another guy who likes to sing medieval songs in a minor key is luc arbogast. Another minor key thing to check out is sting's version of 'in darkness let me dwell.'

I guess I'm just going to listen to music till I go to work in 2 hours.. why not. Random genres, just trying to catch what they are sending out.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

There are certain songs that make me choke up, and this is one of those ones, but I could never understand why.

Maybe it's because it's about searching for an identity?
Sometimes I think emotions are the most mysterious part of being human.

Happy

Somber

Love

Anger

Powerful
https://youtu.be/rmRBZB_o8MM

https://youtu.be/06H_6oI4EK4

Reverence
https://youtu.be/R4ATvuLVxsI

If I am feeling an emotion, or I want to evoke an emotion in myself, I know a song to match it.

Listening to music is how I process through most of my emotions, been that's way since I was a teen.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The end especially, with Anselmo's wails and Dimebag's divebombs, send shivers down my spine and makes me break out in goosebumps everytime.
This one is prone to making me ache and cry since my brother died.
This one is just good.
And this one is just fun.
And, last, this one makes me full charge and ready for chaos, anarchy and madness (you just had to have been there)!

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm usually an emotionless blob but this song makes me remember a long gone friend who had anorexia.