• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'son'

t3gah

In the scrolls 'son' is mentioned many times with different references that all point to one thing. The scrolls that make up the bible are wrong because Adam is a son of God, Satan is a son of God, Angels are sons of God and Jesus is a son of God. But the last reference is the one that's the most incorrect stating that Jesus is the 'only begotten son'. The Bible is wrong about the hierchy of those 'sons' because everyone that is of the male persuation is a 'son of the true God' because we are all related to Adam who is stated in the Gospels as the first son of God.

Jesus was just a plain old son of the fleshly kind and not the first because Adam came first as a fleshly son.

Unless Michael and Gabriel are in fact Jesus too, then well, it's the chicken thing.

Cordoba

t3gah said:
Jesus was just a plain old son of the fleshly kind and not the first because Adam came first as a fleshly son.
Yes, that's very true. Jesus, son of Mary, peace be upon him, was born from a mother only, whereas Adam had no mother nor father, and was directly created by God.

The Qur'an says:

"Indeed, the example of Jesus to God is like that of Adam. He created him from dust; then He said to him "Be" and he was." (3:59)

almifkhar

i agree with the guy who put this post up. jesus is a son just like the rest of us. what strikes me as odd is that those who believe jesus was this begotten son never seem to notice the genological records inside of the bible. it states in black and white that jesus was the son of mary and joseph.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
Katzpur said:
So does this make Satan and Jesus brothers? :eek:
It's a wonder Satan doesn't get invited to the family BBQ's.

"Hey Lucifer, how do you like your steaks?"
"Very, VERY well done Jesus, thanks."

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
t3gah said:
In the scrolls 'son' is mentioned many times with different references that all point to one thing ...
What are you babbling about? For once consider backing up your comments with relevant references and coherent arguments. Your naked proclamations are, quite frankly, worthless and tiresome.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Like Deut, I cannot understand the full meaning of this thread's question, but I'll have a go.

If it's not the answer you are looking for, oh well.

The scripture which tells
us that the "SONS of God" shouted for joy at the creation of
the earth. Job 38

Also in Job we read: "Now there was a day when the
SONS of God came to present themselves before the Lord..."
Job 1:6

At the beginning of civilization we are told "That the SONS of
God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took
them wives of all which they chose." Gen 6:2

Luke speaks of "Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38

In all aspects t3gah, basically, although you mentioned it has different
referrings to "son:. the ideal is still the same. WE ARE ALL GOD'S son.
This is why this word is used so much in the Bible.

Please fill me in more as to what you are asking.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Original Freak said:
It's a wonder Satan doesn't get invited to the family BBQ's.

"Hey Lucifer, how do you like your steaks?"
"Very, VERY well done Jesus, thanks."
Wouldn't Lucifer be the one in charge of the grill?
Jesus would be responsible for making sure that 3 salad vegetables and a T-bone was sufficient to feed all the attendees.:D

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
lady_lazarus said:
Wouldn't Lucifer be the one in charge of the grill?
Jesus would be responsible for making sure that 3 salad vegetables and a T-bone was sufficient to feed all the attendees.:D
I believe I have been owned....

Does the fact that Satan and Jesus are brothers (assuming they are) mean that believers should look at him in a better light?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Original Freak said:
I believe I have been owned....

Does the fact that Satan and Jesus are brothers (assuming they are) mean that believers should look at him in a better light?
Personally, I think poor old Satan has been grossly misrepresented...but what do I know, I'm going to hell anyway:D .
Of course, that being the case, I could just be saying that to get in good with the bloke in charge.

Temporarily Deactive.
Original Freak said:
I
Nope. He is what He is, and does what He does. And if they are brothers, I think the believers would have realised it by now.

stemann

Time Bandit
Maybe the original Hebrew had more than one word which have all been translated into 'son'. Everyone has a different relationship with their son; maybe we are all God's sons (and daughters) but Adam, being the first and of no mother, was special, and so was Jesus, who was both fully human and fully divine (and born of the immaculate conception).

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Renaldo said:
Like Deut, I cannot understand the full meaning of this thread's question, but I'll have a go.

If it's not the answer you are looking for, oh well.

the earth. Job 38

Also in Job we read: "Now there was a day when the

Luke speaks of "Adam, which was the son of God." Luke 3:38

In all aspects t3gah, basically, although you mentioned it has different
referrings to "son:. the ideal is still the same. WE ARE ALL GOD'S son.
This is why this word is used so much in the Bible.

Please fill me in more as to what you are asking.
i suppose it depends on which translation you use, i've read translations that are different than the ones you have cited.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
lady_lazarus said:
Personally, I think poor old Satan has been grossly misrepresented...but what do I know, I'm going to hell anyway:D .
Of course, that being the case, I could just be saying that to get in good with the bloke in charge.
personally i think some christians give The satan (Samael) too much credit
he's just HaShem's dirty man who does most of His wetwork for him:D

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Deut. 32.8 said:
Which translations and what differences?
the earth. Job 38
i'm assuming this is Job 38:7 since no verse was given and it's the only verse closest to the context...
When the morning stars sing together, and all the angels of God shout?
Renaldo said:
"Now there was a day when the
Now the day came about, and the angels of God came to stand beside the Lord...Job 1:6
Renaldo said:
That the sons of the nobles saw the daughters of man when they were beautifying themselves, and they took for themselves wives from whomever they chose
all verses taken from The Judaica Press Complete Tanach from Chabad.org
i'm not sure exactly what my artscroll Tanach says but i'm sure it's similar
i'll have to check

Temporarily Deactive.
Jewscout,

firstly, I cannot be held responsible for every author or contributor to the bible, or to what they write or how they write it.

jewcout said:
'm assuming this is Job 38:7 since no verse was given and it's the only verse closest to the context...
People make mistakes. I am sure accidentally leaving out the verse in a typo error is not
related to somone making a blind statement. If it is, Iapologize and bid you good day, enjoy the thread.

That the sons of the nobles saw the daughters of man when they were beautifying themselves,
and they took for themselves wives from whomever they chose
Sons of nobles are still sone of God, regardless how defined.

I did not know what was the original intent of this thread,
and merely inputting what I believed MAY be relevant. I am
aware that different revisions of the Bible may use different words and
descriptions.

I was merely stating something that MAY have been relevant to
the thread started. The question was not about angels, nor sons of
nobles, but why SON was mentioned in the Bible many a times.