• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes when the world kick your butt, it's good to go back to art.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
If i was good enough to sell it would be a nice hobby with some income that is for sure :)

Worth a try. Maybe a few framed drawings on display at a joint exhibition with several artists. These things are usually advertised locally so no problems with promotion and usually well attended by the buying public
Down side, there are other artists in competition for the customers. But good work, reasonably priced will sell.

PureX

Veteran Member
Rendering an image by hand does not automatically fall under the heading of 'art'. It's more specifically a craft. It crosses over into the realm of art when the techniques becomes subservient to the ideas they are meant to express.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Rendering an image by hand does not automatically fall under the heading of 'art'. It's more specifically a craft. It crosses over into the realm of art when the techniques becomes subservient to the ideas they are meant to express.
Posting the written word can be an art.
Or it can be a craft to bring down another
poster's good mood with sharing his art.

PureX

Veteran Member
Posting the written word can be an art.
Or it can be a craft to bring down another
poster's good mood with sharing his art.
Many creative activities can be engaged in for the purpose of making art. Or they can be engaged in for their own sake.

I see no reason that my clarifying this should make anyone feel bad. Would you feel bad if I pointed out that you are not a mathematician just because you're good at adding and subtracting numbers?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Many creative activities can be engaged in for the purpose of making art. Or they can be engaged in for their own sake.

I see no reason that my clarifying this should make anyone feel bad. Would you feel bad if I pointed out that you are not a mathematician just because you're good at adding and subtracting numbers?
You should consider my post further.
Think about how your pedantic point would
affect someone who felt down, & was looking
for some friendship by sharing his art.
Being right....is it so important?