• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes i take time to have fun.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When I was young a part of me was very into art and from time to time I still find the paper and pencil just to relax in a different way than I usually do.
Today i just draw a color drawing for fun :)

Nothing fancy but fun :)

Attachments

• Drawing riverside.jpg
    Drawing riverside.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 0

dianaiad

When I was young a part of me was very into art and from time to time I still find the paper and pencil just to relax in a different way than I usually do.

I love the color pallet and the simplicity.

And the fun. ;)

I was instantly taken back to a time when I lived in Salisbury, England. There was a river/creek/something that we would take a boat down. The only thing missing are the swans!

I don't suppose that Salisbury ever really looked that peaceful, though.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I love the color pallet and the simplicity.

And the fun. ;)

I was instantly taken back to a time when I lived in Salisbury, England. There was a river/creek/something that we would take a boat down. The only thing missing are the swans!

I don't suppose that Salisbury ever really looked that peaceful, though.
Thank you for your kindness :)
The drawing is my imagination, but it is good to hear i can bring back memories for you :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Drawing, for me, is very therapeutic and meditative. It speaks truth to my feelings and breaks cycles of self destructive thought patterns.
And it's fun. :)
Kudos to you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Drawing, for me, is very therapeutic and meditative. It speaks truth to my feelings and breaks cycles of self destructive thought patterns.
Kudos to you.
:praying: Thank you :) Yes from time to time drawing is a way to empty the mind of things that can be a disturbance :) But to see the pencil on the paper creating what was in the mind before I start to draw, that is fun to me :)

dianaiad

Kudos to you.

And blessings to you both. I can't draw. I get extremely frustrated because I can't draw. My hands shake too much any more. However....

I can paint. Not very well, but...it's fun also. Takes a LOT more preparation, but one can certainly get lost in it! Now all I have to do is find out what the dog did to the 36 X 36 inch canvass hiding under my bed. I don't think I want to know.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
And blessings to you both. I can't draw. I get extremely frustrated because I can't draw. My hands shake too much any more. However....

I can paint. Not very well, but...it's fun also. Takes a LOT more preparation, but one can certainly get lost in it! Now all I have to do is find out what the dog did to the 36 X 36 inch canvass hiding under my bed. I don't think I want to know.
Drawing or Painting does not need to be done to masters degree to have an impact on the artist or the viewer :) it is the proses of making it and for the viewer to find their own meaning within the drawing or painting :) It can become a two ways conversation without words :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

That's an interesting perspective, complementary to mine...
I sometimes take time to be productive.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Have you ever looked into Buddhist artistry? It was mention in a book I read but there seems to be some history to it. The empty space in art is just as meaningful as the filled space...

350px-Hasegawa_Tohaku_-_Pine_Trees_%28Sh%C5%8Drin-zu_by%C5%8Dbu%29_-_left_hand_screen.jpg

Ma (negative space) - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Have you ever looked into Buddhist artistry? It was mention in a book I read but there seems to be some history to it.
Yes i have looked at Tibetan Buddhist art. and i noticed they often use paint on silk :) That is a technique i have not yet tried :)
The main techniques I know is drawing Black and white or with colors. and Painting with oil or acrylic paint. And I have done some digital drawings, and actually, it is easier on the computer than with a pencil.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm sorry for your struggles. Hopefully you still are able to creatively express yourself long after flesh fails you.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Yes i have looked at Tibetan Buddhist art. and i noticed they often use paint on silk :) That is a technique i have not yet tried :)
The main techniques I know is drawing Black and white or with colors. and Painting with oil or acrylic paint. And I have done some digital drawings, and actually, it is easier on the computer than with a pencil.

I tried some digital artwork. It was more about learning how to create certain effects than artistry though.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I tried some digital artwork. It was more about learning how to create certain effects than artistry though.
This drawing I shown before i think, it is a digital drawing where i used Photoshop and a Wacom digital drawing plate. This drawing took many hours to finish :)

Attachments

• Wolf (2).png
    Wolf (2).png
    201.4 KB · Views: 0

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This drawing I shown before i think, it is a digital drawing where i used Photoshop and a Wacom digital drawing plate. This drawing took many hours to finish :)
My icon (and the bulk of my art) is digital. These days the only difference between my process for digital painting and traditional painting is going to the store to buy traditional materials

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My icon (and the bulk of my art) is digital. These days the only difference between my process for digital painting and traditional painting is going to the store to buy traditional materials
When I was younger I wanted to live by selling paintings or drawings but i found that it was very difficult to do, so I gave it up very early on :) But now it is something i can pull out from time to time and just do for one or two drawings, then it can take six months or so before i draw again (my life is mostly only spiritually now