• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sometimes am curious about exploring other faiths...

jasonwill2

... but I can't even bear the thought of, even temporarily, abandoning Satan. Is there a way I can "test-run" other faiths without sacrificing my Satanic identity, or will most religions not like this? Though the only ones I am interested at the moment are non-abrahamic, so I guess that makes it easier.

Though to be honest, I want to build on my own beliefs by taking what works from other religions. It's like a buffet of pieces of cosmology and theology for me. Is that weird? I just thought though that maybe for a while I could explore other faiths by practicing them for a bit, but I don't want to lose face to my family by them thinking "oh Satanism was just a phase!"

Is this a dumb idea? I think it may be truly Satanic to think for myself in such an extreme way, but it kinda sounds... artificial when I think about it.

Me Myself

Back to my username
... but I can't even bear the thought of, even temporarily, abandoning Satan. Is there a way I can "test-run" other faiths without sacrificing my Satanic identity, or will most religions not like this? Though the only ones I am interested at the moment are non-abrahamic, so I guess that makes it easier.

Though to be honest, I want to build on my own beliefs by taking what works from other religions. It's like a buffet of pieces of cosmology and theology for me. Is that weird? I just thought though that maybe for a while I could explore other faiths by practicing them for a bit, but I don't want to lose face to my family by them thinking "oh Satanism was just a phase!"

Is this a dumb idea? I think it may be truly Satanic to think for myself in such an extreme way, but it kinda sounds... artificial when I think about it.

What do you want to integrate?

How would it collide with the rest of your satanic persona? and may I ask, how do you define your satanic self?

jasonwill2

What do you want to integrate?

How would it collide with the rest of your satanic persona? and may I ask, how do you define your satanic self?

It might collide badly, or not at all. I'm not sure. I might look into polytheism, that would work fine with Satan.

My Satanic Self? Carnal, Indulgent, free/critical thinking, relativistic morality, personal anarchism, mundane, god, spiritual, powerful, magician, creator and destroyer. Seeking new horizons of Satanic discovery; denying hypocritical self-deceit and spiritual pipe dreams in favor of undefiled wisdom and testable faiths on subjective grounds.

Technically speaking, such an exploring of other faiths would be nothing more than a Satanic journey, so that I may return to Satan with a wider perspective and workable pieces that I can incorporate into my system. Reading up on a religious system is not enough, I need to experience it. I just do not want to sacrifice my Satanic identity for fear of losing face and becoming destabilized. This is the first time in my life I have felt comfortable as who I am, but I want to grow beyond my current state, I need a refreshing new perspective for a while.

edit: maybe I should throw myself further into Theistic Satanism, as in the theistic part. when i think about it, now is not the time for doubt in my life

Last edited:

Me Myself

Back to my username
It might collide badly, or not at all. I'm not sure. I might look into polytheism, that would work fine with Satan.

My Satanic Self? Carnal, Indulgent, free/critical thinking, relativistic morality, personal anarchism, mundane, god, spiritual, powerful, magician, creator and destroyer. Seeking new horizons of Satanic discovery; denying hypocritical self-deceit and spiritual pipe dreams in favor of undefiled wisdom and testable faiths on subjective grounds.

Technically speaking, such an exploring of other faiths would be nothing more than a Satanic journey, so that I may return to Satan with a wider perspective and workable pieces that I can incorporate into my system. Reading up on a religious system is not enough, I need to experience it. I just do not want to sacrifice my Satanic identity for fear of losing face and becoming destabilized. This is the first time in my life I have felt comfortable as who I am, but I want to grow beyond my current state, I need a refreshing new perspective for a while.

edit: maybe I should throw myself further into Theistic Satanism, as in the theistic part. when i think about it, now is not the time for doubt in my life

Sorry not having been clear in one of my questions: which faiths are you curious about? I want to see if there is conflict at all. Also, what about them makes yuo curious?

jasonwill2

not sure... neo-paganism interests me, but I doubt I would be welcomed. A lot of them say some pretty nasty things about Satanists as a way to assert that they are not Satanists to kiss up to the Christians.

Two others I was thinking about was gnosticism and maybe Buddhism. Wasn't sure exactly.

Erebus

By all means explore away! After all Satan is a deity who promotes personal freedom is he not? Why would he bear you a grudge for exploring?
If you aren't comfortable entirely leaving Satanism why not look at other dark gods? Set, Loki, Ahriman, Hades, Ereshkigal etc

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
i test run other faiths all the time its akin to acting

blackout

Violet.
By all means explore away! After all Satan is a deity who promotes personal freedom is he not? Why would he bear you a grudge for exploring?
If you aren't comfortable entirely leaving Satanism why not look at other dark gods? Set, Loki, Ahriman, Hades, Ereshkigal etc

The Darkness holds MANY Mysteries. ;)

wgmeets

That is what I have been doing for quite some time now, taking from religions and mashing it into my own... but it feels sort of empty after a while. It seems convenience trumps over all sometimes for most of us, but I too am trying to seek something higher and know that it won't just be comfortable with me staying how I am.

If you are worried about what your family will say, it's gonna be tough for ya if they think Satanism was a phase., unless they ultimately see you are just trying to find yourself in life as we all are and no one's perfect.

jasonwill2

Maybe. Feel dumb though saying Budhism. Anyway, I do not think Satan would be mad at me at all, he DOES encourage us to think for ourselves. I only plan to temporarily be in these faiths anyway, for just that, thinking for myself. Then I will take what I learn that I may better spread Satan's glory. If I can understand other faiths and take from them, it makes people more likely to respect me and my opinions. Also, it helps me "serve" Satan, who only wants me to do my own will. So it actually helps me serve... me!

It's a win-win for myself and Satan, as it is a symbiotic relationship of god and adherent. I need to make sure I have considered all the possible ways that God structured the metaphysical reality of our world.

That is what I have been doing for quite some time now, taking from religions and mashing it into my own... but it feels sort of empty after a while. It seems convenience trumps over all sometimes for most of us, but I too am trying to seek something higher and know that it won't just be comfortable with me staying how I am.

If you are worried about what your family will say, it's gonna be tough for ya if they think Satanism was a phase., unless they ultimately see you are just trying to find yourself in life as we all are and no one's perfect.

On one hand... I could not just tell them I guess lol

Erebus

Maybe. Feel dumb though saying Budhism. Anyway, I do not think Satan would be mad at me at all, he DOES encourage us to think for ourselves. I only plan to temporarily be in these faiths anyway, for just that, thinking for myself. Then I will take what I learn that I may better spread Satan's glory. If I can understand other faiths and take from them, it makes people more likely to respect me and my opinions. Also, it helps me "serve" Satan, who only wants me to do my own will. So it actually helps me serve... me!

It's a win-win for myself and Satan, as it is a symbiotic relationship of god and adherent. I need to make sure I have considered all the possible ways that God structured the metaphysical reality of our world.

No reason to feel silly about considering Buddhism. Personally I'm something of a scavenger when it comes to religion. Being naturally pragmatic I see no problem in adopting the bits that work and discarding the bits that don't :)

Me Myself

Back to my username
I take from everywhere waht I can and feel true.

I explore what I need to to find the truths that I can before making choices also (IF I feel compel too make "choices" )

If you can´t do that as a Satanist, how can it be making you free?

I say explore away, critical think and feel everything you want.

It´s kind of a sign of insecurity not to. True faith can´t be based in fear, just in trust (to a higher degree).

I don´t think it´s important what pagans think about you exploring, I would think what their pagan gods think is more important, and while it probably depends on the god, I´ve heard little of gods getting angry for being worshipped :p

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass

You could always just study. What are you interested in?

not sure... neo-paganism interests me, but I doubt I would be welcomed. A lot of them say some pretty nasty things about Satanists as a way to assert that they are not Satanists to kiss up to the Christians.

Two others I was thinking about was gnosticism and maybe Buddhism. Wasn't sure exactly.
I'm a former neopagan, happy to answer questions. They're not so much nasty about Satanism itself as nasty about conflating the paths, imx. Of course, my experience was rather weird, so.....

jasonwill2

Holy crap, did I really say that?!!

Blue is the Satanic Bible speaking, not my own stuff, no longer use those dogma catch-words.
And red I no longer have.... wow.

In other news branching out into Lilith worship, a long-time waiting...

Straw Dog

A dumb idea? Not at all. What kind of Satanist would you be if you weren't willing to break from the conformity of being a Satanist?

There is much to learn from different traditions. Why feel limited to just one? Unfortunately, the Truth cannot be contained within language and concepts in its totality so do not let your mind become shackled by any doctrine of absolute Truth. Reality becomes easier to digest whenever any egotistical abstract notion is abandoned and reality is let go of to realize itself. It's difficult to explain in words. Just don't become trapped by some arbitrary social reality that you've decided to adopt. The depth of your being goes beyond such ambiguous conceptual frameworks. You cannot be solely defined by such inherently limited conceptual grids.

jasonwill2

A dumb idea? Not at all. What kind of Satanist would you be if you weren't willing to break from the conformity of being a Satanist?

There is much to learn from different traditions. Why feel limited to just one? Unfortunately, the Truth cannot be contained within language and concepts in its totality so do not let your mind become shackled by any doctrine of absolute Truth. Reality becomes easier to digest whenever any egotistical abstract notion is abandoned and reality is let go of to realize itself. It's difficult to explain in words. Just don't become trapped by some arbitrary social reality that you've decided to adopt. The depth of your being goes beyond such ambiguous conceptual frameworks. You cannot be solely defined by such inherently limited conceptual grids.

lol, look ath the date. it was over half a year ago. also see my post above yours.

Straw Dog

lol, look ath the date. it was over half a year ago. also see my post above yours.

Ah, yes. Time creates many versions of all of us. I can no longer directly relate to some previous posts I made on here as well. On the other hand, perhaps a past 'me' may still offer some guidance to the present 'me' that I overlooked the first time around. You never know.