• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sometimes a picture is worth 100,000 names

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
If you may please allow me to dare ask, "Why didn't the New York Times separately publish each of the names of the nearly 5,000 illness prone New York residents who died of exposure to SARS-CoV2 viruses in nursing homes having been C.O.V.I.D-19 infected by Corona virus patients whom Governor Andrew Cuomo ordered to be sent there.
Governor Cuomo did not order anyone to be sent anywhere. The primary vector infecting extended care facilities were staff that were asymptomatic or weakly infected. Many worked in more than one facility.
The patients that were returned were tested positive in the Nursing Home before they went to the hospital, and were recovering. There was no room in the hospitals for them.

Where do you suggest they go? Paupers Island.

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Remember back when they were horrified and terrified of '"death panels" killing grandma'? Now '40, 000 dead were probably just feebs in nursing homes. Good riddance!' without a hint of irony.

There's more likely to end up being 400,000 of them to be lethally infected by C.O.V. I.D, instead of just 40,000 of them killed by this corona virus; but one way or another they'd all soon likely be gone anyways. ,

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Governor Cuomo did not order anyone to be sent anywhere. The primary vector infecting extended care facilities were staff that were asymptomatic or weakly infected. Many worked in more than one facility.
The patients that were returned were tested positive in the Nursing Home before they went to the hospital, and were recovering. There was no room in the hospitals for them.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sent more than 4,300 recovering coronavirus patients to nursing homes across the Empire State, according to the Associated Press.

Cuomo's executive order on the nursing homes — which was intended to free up hospital beds for the most critical COVID-19 patients — was reversed on May 10.

My cousin took my dear auntie out of a nursing home and put her up at a hotel where a healthy private nurse helps take care of her. Fortunately, my diabetic elderly mom isn't in a nursing home. I'm so glad I didn't visit her while I was carrying C.O.V.I.D., this would have almost certainly killed her.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because even if our society went through the expense of protecting all those few hundred thousand from getting lethally infected by C.O.V.I.D., they'd then still likely soon die by some other ailment anyways.
Stop spreading lies! Tons of young, healthy adults and kids with NO health concerns or conditions have been getting critically ill and dying. These people normally would not have died for at least a few mpre decades.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
C.O.V.I.D.,
Using covid like that just shows how little you know about it. Young people die from it. Healthy people die from it. Immunity is not proven. Resistance is a world of unknowns. The COrona VIrus Diseas of 2019, COVID-19, or Sars-Cov-2, os not recognized as "C.O.V.I.D."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Ironically, The deaths in March and April are probably underestimated by large margin due to the abscence or lack of testing.
I haven't heard that one.
I do anticipate an intense surge of cases and deaths next month though with all the idiots going to church today who apparently forgot going to church on Easter was disastrous.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo sent more than 4,300 recovering coronavirus patients to nursing homes across the Empire State, according to the Associated Press.

Cuomo's executive order on the nursing homes — which was intended to free up hospital beds for the most critical COVID-19 patients — was reversed on May 10.

My cousin took my dear auntie out of a nursing home and put her up at a hotel where a healthy private nurse helps take care of her. Fortunately, my diabetic elderly mom isn't in a nursing home. I'm so glad I didn't visit her while I was carrying C.O.V.I.D., this would have almost certainly killed her.

You did not respond to my post . . .

Governor Cuomo did not order anyone to be sent anywhere, bot return after treatment. The primary vector infecting extended care facilities were staff that were asymptomatic or weakly infected. Many worked in more than one facility.
The patients that were returned were tested positive in the Nursing Home before they went to the hospital, and were recovering when they went back. There was no room in the hospitals for them.

It is fortunate that your ;dear auntie had the resources to do so. Not everyone was so fortunate.

Yes after May 10th the number of cases droped and there was room in the hospitals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
According to some>!?!?!?! What a joke. Maybe Donald Trump and his Cronies taking the phoney drug.
I heard and saw some very appalling things the past few days.
Round 2 of this seems like it might be more destructive than the first, only because people are going to let it happen by carelessness, ignorance, and apathy.

ManSinha

Because even if our society went through the expense of protecting all those few hundred thousand from getting lethally infected by C.O.V.I.D., they'd then still likely soon die by some other ailment anyways.

Oh so you are a prophet now?

IMHO that is sheer idiocy on your part - I oversee care of individuals with an average of 5 chronic illnesses and an average of 14 medications - their time with us is roughly about 5 years give or take

Get your damn facts straight before you make unsupportable illogical and foolish pronouncements

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I heard and saw some very appalling things the past few days.
Round 2 of this seems like it might be more destructive than the first, only because people are going to let it happen by carelessness, ignorance, and apathy.

I predicted the first peak of the COVID 19 between April 15 and May 15 centered on MAy 1, but unfortunately greatly underestimated the fatalities. I predict the second peak in June. We will see. Most people do not realize the virus is in control. All we van do is the best we can to reduce the severe cases and fatalities.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I predicted the first peak of the COVID 19 between April 15 and May 15 centered on MAy 1, but unfortunately greatly underestimated the fatalities. I predict the second peak in June. We will see. Most people do not realize the virus is in control. All we van do is the best we can to reduce the severe cases and fatalities.
It seems were failing worse this time. Too many people just are not understanding we are on Covid Time. Human Time basically means nothing right now. We are not in control. It is. Amd while CT is active, damage control is the best we can do.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I predict the second peak in June. We will see. Most people do not realize the virus is in control. All we van do is the best we can to reduce the severe cases and fatalities.
Most scientists predict the second wave in the fall. I don't give it a date, I predict the second wave when we get careless (so, basically, in June).

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Most scientists predict the second wave in the fall. I don't give it a date, I predict the second wave when we get careless (so, basically, in June).
You may be right. But if the second wave comes in June then the third wave will come in the fall. And it will be a doozy!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Most scientists did not make as an accurate a prediction as I did so far as I did..

Actually if you simply follow the curve of other countries and regions that were infected earlier than the USA they had a second wave withing six weeks of the peak wave. There may be something later like in the Fall, but I will not predict anything like that yet.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Most scientists did not make as an accurate a prediction as I did so far as I did..

Actually if you simply follow the curve of other countries and regions that were infected earlier than the USA they had a second wave withing six weeks of the peak wave. There may be something later like in the Fall, but I will not predict anything like that yet.
The fall predictions deal around the reality this may become a seasonal thing.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The fall predictions deal around the reality this may become a seasonal thing.

True, this coronavirus may hop a ride on another host mutate and come back maybe, fall, winter or spring. An odd possible candidate is cats. They appear to be easily infected and show little or no symptoms.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I think we had that discussion already. I don't base my prediction on the statistics (I do take them into account but not as the basis). I base them on our reaction to the virus. I.e. I believe we are in control. We decide how it spreads, how many people we let die. It is not an inevitable thing.
Isolation works, masks work, hand washing works.

Altfish

Veteran Member
100808049_3029980630429789_6902325431823761408_n.jpg

A very powerful front page