• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something That's Always Really Bothered Me

CDRaider

Gentoo said:
Maybe you and a friend (one who doesn't have the same problem) could read the same book, and when you're done, then you two can have a discussion on it. You can take it a chapter at a time if need be. Have your friend tell you what he thought first, and then see if you can formulate the same reasoning before you come up with your own.

That's how I'm getting over it :)

Thats a really good idea, what I never thought of that. i think I am going to have to do that with jeff. I need help too. Only i need help mainly in poetry, that stuff comfuseses me!

sparc872

I am exactly the opposite from you, I can read something in my head and comprehend it fine, but when I try and speak it, I don't understand it at all. The lyrics thing you mentioned is the same; I need to read the lyrics to understand the meaning, I can't get it from the spoken lyrics. It's all a matter of different learning styles.