• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

something on my mind

LightofTruth

If Jesus wasn't dead when he died then he could not have been raised from the dead. Only the dead can be raised from the dead.

LightofTruth

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

The problem the immortal soul believers have is that Paul doesn't use the word "immediately" like they do.

What they say is, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be immediately present with the Lord."

That's not what Paul says. If it were, then he would be in contradiction with himself when he says that we are to be with the Lord "at his coming" and the resurrection of the dead.

1Th_2:19 For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

1Co 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

LightofTruth

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

The spirit referred to there is the vital principle of life called "the breath of life".

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What do you think of 2 Corinthians 12:1-4?And James 2:26?And 2 Corinthians 5:6-10?Back to back?
Hello brother.

I think its odd that you just give the references and don't quote. Whoever is using the references is responsible in a good debate to provide both the quote and the citation.

You have essentially given this to your readers to do your own work! You'll find that most of us won't do it. If you want my own answers, my friend, you will have to do your due diligence.

I've also noticed that you give most of your threads the same name "Something I'm thinking about" or similar. Just a kind word of advise to help you get more readers, if you put something in your title that indicates what your thread is about, then readers who aer interested in it will click on your link.