• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quick question

Frank Goad

If one day my prayers are gonna help me go out of body to meet God.I am going to ask him"because you are all knowing what is the perfect way to wake up other people out of body with your help to come and meet you?"What do you think he would say?:cool:

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If one day my prayers are gonna help me go out of body to meet God.I am going to ask him"because you are all knowing what is the perfect way to wake up other people out of body with your help to come and meet you?"What do you think he would say?:cool:
When you cease breathing on this earth... you will have a great out of body experience to meet God.

But it sounds like you are still seeking "out of body" experiences instead of simply a God experience.

Frank Goad

When you cease breathing on this earth... you will have a great out of body experience to meet God.

But it sounds like you are still seeking "out of body" experiences instead of simply a God experience.

The reason I want it so bad is because I think it would take my relationship with God to a whole new level.:)

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The reason I want it so bad is because I think it would take my relationship with God to a whole new level.:)
Interesting...

I wonder though...

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

It seems like he is saying "faith" gives you a better lift than "seeing".

You ever thought of starting with just faith? I've experienced dozens of experiences by just believing a promise in the word of God.

Frank Goad

Interesting...

I wonder though...

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

It seems like he is saying "faith" gives you a better lift than "seeing".

You ever thought of starting with just faith? I've experienced dozens of experiences by just believing a promise in the word of God.

Yes I have.And I still feel that going out of body to meet God would help deepen my relationship with him.:)

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
OK I'll play: :D

I think God would remind you of the karmic ramifications of attempting to wake someone up in this manner. "It's not good, Frank," God would say, "not good at all..."

74x12

According to the scriptures if we delight ourselves in the Lord then He will give us the desires of our heart. Because our heart will be desiring good things according to the will of God; so He will have no problem giving us the things we want. I see nothing wrong with your desire to have an out of body experience with God. Although I would caution you from trying to do it without God.

Psalm 37:4
4 Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I think He'd say, "What on earth made you think you had to leave your body to meet me? I created your body and it's a wonderful thing. It housed your spirit throughout your life. Why do you want so much to be rid of this beautiful piece of my workmanship?"

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my understanding you would have to awaken spiritually to be able to see God. It's the part called enlightenment. Without spiritual awakening, you would not be able to realize God.

If i do not remember wrong, in the bible there is someone being taken to heaven, but what they saw was not the higher level of heaven, it was the heaven at their own level of awakening, they see what they were able to understand. Christian will maybe be able to confirm that this is in the bible?

So your striving for out of body experience will in my understanding not get you closed to God. It would only give you a clue that there your faith is a true spiritual teaching.