• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something nagging in the back of my mind.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
So as you all know I consider myself a Humanist. And as such I am skeptical towards many supernatural things. Recently however there has been a nagging at the back of my mind. I don't want to believe in Gods and Goddesses or Fairies and such. But something in the back of my mind has been nagging me. It is really irritating. What do you all think? I wish there was a way for someone to show me. I wish I could see what people mean when they talk about Nature Spirits or Fairies! Also recently I have been thinking that maybe because of my night terrors that I have had for years that I may have put up energy blocks or something.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
So as you all know I consider myself a Humanist. And as such I am skeptical towards many supernatural things. Recently however there has been a nagging at the back of my mind. I don't want to believe in Gods and Goddesses or Fairies and such. But something in the back of my mind has been nagging me. It is really irritating. What do you all think? I wish there was a way for someone to show me. I wish I could see what people mean when they talk about Nature Spirits or Fairies! Also recently I have been thinking that maybe because of my night terrors that I have had for years that I may have put up energy blocks or something.
If nothing else, why not read about some different Deities or Pathenons? Even if you don't believe in the Gods and Goddesses that you read about, the different Myths from different cultures can be very neat.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
If nothing else, why not read about some different Deities or Pathenons? Even if you don't believe in the Gods and Goddesses that you read about, the different Myths from different cultures can be very neat.

I already do that. As you know I am really interested in Celtic myths. Which is another thing. I feel drawn to specific deities like Brigid. So I wonder why I can't experience them like some people. I really want to try shamanic journeying some time.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
They may be calling you to Them in Their own way. Not everyone gets a vivid dream from Them. They may just be sending you feelings that They know you are capable of deciphering. :)

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
They may be calling you to Them in Their own way. Not everyone gets a vivid dream from Them. They may just be sending you feelings that They know you are capable of deciphering. :)

Maybe your right. Still though it would be nice to experience what people call Nature Spirits and Fairies. I actually have been interested in Fairies for quite a while.

Erebus

Some Fairies are supposed to be really nasty.

Yep

Nuckelavee.jpg

The Nuckelavee was never about fairy dust and granting wishes :cool:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

Try Tarot or some other form of divination.. it does it's best work when you're looking for a direction or just plain insight.