• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

something is missing?

danny_12

( OVERALL I HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO MY RELIGIOUS BELIEF)

so iv just recently discovered im catholic? im 18 now, i did my first premiere communion at a catholic (i thought at a christian church), when i was a little boy. i didn't learn anything :shrug:

as of today i feel like my life is lost, DEAD, like i dont know what to do with myself, everything thing seems dead to me and i feel like im missing something in me. I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO BE REBORN!

i also said to my self that i think theirs a demon in me :/

Well ever since ive been noticing people give credit to Jesus about god (also my mother tells me to pray, candles of Guadalupe in the kitchen, pictures of jesus) i question my self myself how can i become a good catholic, how to start to have knowledge of god, jesus ( and other related people that has to do in the bible) and being catholic? so idk how to start being catholic :sarcastic

i want to be reborn somehow :d lately ive been an *******
:help:

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Do you really need and want to be catholic? Have you thought about and looked at other religions?perhaps secular is for you?

Anyways go to your nearest church and join a bible study group and adult catacism class.

Last edited:

Tranquil Servant

Was M.I.A for a while
( OVERALL I HAVEN'T BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO MY RELIGIOUS BELIEF)

so iv just recently discovered im catholic? im 18 now, i did my first premiere communion at a catholic (i thought at a christian church), when i was a little boy. i didn't learn anything :shrug:

as of today i feel like my life is lost, DEAD, like i dont know what to do with myself, everything thing seems dead to me and i feel like im missing something in me. I FEEL LIKE I WANT TO BE REBORN!

i also said to my self that i think theirs a demon in me :/

Well ever since ive been noticing people give credit to Jesus about god (also my mother tells me to pray, candles of Guadalupe in the kitchen, pictures of jesus) i question my self myself how can i become a good catholic, how to start to have knowledge of god, jesus ( and other related people that has to do in the bible) and being catholic? so idk how to start being catholic :sarcastic

i want to be reborn somehow :d lately ive been an *******
:help:
First let me say, you don't have to be Catholic to be reborn. Second, you have to sincerely want to know god or have a personal relationship with him in order to receive him. You should start off by asking questions (a lot of questions) and the thing is, you only need to start off with one question 'cause one question (or answer) will lead you to another question. You should start by finding out what is Catholicism. Then maybe you can go into the beginning of the Bible and how the Old Testament relates to the New Testament. Bible Questions Answered is a pretty good website to start off with; you can ask just about any question and if it hasn't been answered you can send in your question. I will definitely pray for you bro. Also, you can pray for guidance; this is the prayer Christ taught:
Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
This, then, is how you should pray:
“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]
----Matthew 6:5-13

dynavert2012

no need to think about reborn or going to church this may make it worst, for re-boring, all what you need is to know god to believe in him, think about him, his creatures, his graces and then begin to seek a religion, i don't think catholic will fit you so there are still too many options

I am curious how you just learned you were Catholic. From what I read in your message, it seems that you just learned that other people see you as Catholic, either individuals or the church. That is far different to me than discovering for yourself that you are a Catholic.

To me, in order to be a _____ (fill in your favorite faith/title) it means that you believe in what the specific church believes in. This would probably involve their view on the Bible (or other sacred literature), their concept of God (or gods), and any other doctrines and/or rules they proclaim.

Since you are starting with the assumption that you are Catholic, you could do some research to determine what you believe about the Bible. Is it the inspired word of God? Or even possibly the inerrant word of God? Is it just a collection of old Jewish writings with a Christian appendage?

Different faiths will have different paths to helping you to understand and/or deal with the emptiness that you feel. Following the faith of your family will be beneficial in some ways (easy acceptance, access to opinions and ideas etc), but it is not the only path open to you.