• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something i heard about christian universalists that got to me

Frank Goad

Something i heard about christian universalists that got to me.I heard christian universalists don't have near death experiences(white light and going out of body.That kind of stuff).Is that true?:confused:

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Something i heard about christian universalists that got to me.I heard christian universalists don't have near death experiences(white light and going out of body.That kind of stuff).Is that true?:confused:
As a nominal UU, I have never heard about such a thing.
Where did you hear this?
Tom

Frank Goad

My dad was just looking up stuff about near death experiences one day and found nothing about christian universalists.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
My dad was just looking up stuff about near death experiences one day and found nothing about christian universalists.
Maybe because there aren't very many of them in the first place? Or they just get lumped into the generic Christian category?
:shrug:
I don't see any reason to think that they're different from any other such group.
Tom

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I died twice, on neither occasion did I get the whole OOBE thing. They were pretty brief instances, though, so maybe it takes longer.

Milton Platt

Well, since you can't interview dead Universalists, how did you get that information?

Milton Platt

The whole white light at the end of the tunnel is a common physical phenomenon. It is caused when the optic nerves are starved of oxygen. Astronauts experience it when they train in the centrifuge and the g force pulls the blood from the upper portions of the body. Religion has nothing to do with it.