• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something I feel the need to share..........

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I just wanted to make one thing clear - just in case there is any problem in how members perceive me as a 'MOD'.

I post regularly, and do so as a member of the forum; not as a MOD - that hat only comes on if and when it needs to.

Maybe it is something that needs not be said, but I hope that there can be no misunderstanding - I would hate to think that my posts are seen as being from a MOD - primarilly, I am a member of RF just like any other member..............., and that is how I wish to be seen....:)

Pah

Uber all member
I have to say it as well Michel. I hope that others can tell when I'm doing "mod work" and when I'm expressing my personal opinion. What drew me to Religious Forums was the exchanges of opinion and how they were done. Getting those mixed up in the "mod work" defeats that purpose.

Please, if you have any questions about my posts as a member or moderator, PM me. I can explain what I meant and learn to do better the next time.

Bob

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Pah said:
I have to say it as well Michel. I hope that others can tell when I'm doing "mod work" and when I'm expressing my personal opinion. What drew me to Religious Forums was the exchanges of opinion and how they were done. Getting those mixed up in the "mod work" defeats that purpose.

Please, if you have any questions about my posts as a member or moderator, PM me. I can explain what I meant and learn to do better the next time.

Bob
The last sentence in your post applies to me too, Pah, thank you for reminding me...:)

Ori

Angel slayer
I think we're all in agreement that you Mods do a good job, I think people have the same problem as the off duty cop situation, the fact remains they are still a cop.
This probably makes some people think twice about posting certain things in your prescence, though there is no reason for it, like you said you are just posters the same as the rest of us, albeit with added responsibility from time to time.

But this should clear it up for those who worry too much, well done guys.

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
michel said:
I just wanted to make one thing clear - just in case there is any problem in how members perceive me as a 'MOD'.

I post regularly, and do so as a member of the forum; not as a MOD - that hat only comes on if and when it needs to.

Maybe it is something that needs not be said, but I hope that there can be no misunderstanding - I would hate to think that my posts are seen as being from a MOD - primarilly, I am a member of RF just like any other member..............., and that is how I wish to be seen....:)
yeah, me too.

Oh, wait....

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Deut. 32.8 said:
<B>MOD ****
Making clear when you are functioning as a moderator should be trivially simple.</B>

Yes Deut - that is so; but I think that there are members who see the word next to the avatar as a 'reminder' of authority - I hope I am wrong, but that was the purpose of this thread.........:)

huajiro

Michel, I have really never gotten that "I am moderator" vibe from you. I appreciate that.

I have to mention that if anyone ever feels that I give that "I am a nobody" vibe from me, I have a tendency to throw my lack of power around. :)

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
michel said:
... I am a member of RF just like any other member..............., and that is how I wish to be seen....
What...you're a MOD?? Dang, guess I'd better get some new glasses.:p

orichalcum makes a good point about the 'off-duty' cop, and some people are reluctant to 'argue' with a mod, while others go out of their way to challenge with authority'.:D I have noticed that, at times, users ignore a MOD post and keep at it until a thread is locked.

One thing I've noticed the mods here do pretty well is to have a mod who's not as 'active' in a particular thread to the 'dirty work' in case someone breaks the rules, so it doesn't present the appearance of a mod 'pulling rank' when someone disagrees with him. Nice work guys.:)

Todd

Rajun Cajun
michel said:

I agree with you Michel. It is very important that we all know that Admins, Super Mods, and Mods can post there opinions as any member can on RF. All our opinions and beliefs are valid as long as we don't cross over to being rude or insulting. This goes for all members too.

Todd

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've always seen a mod posting as a mod when the are posting things like
*****************MOD POST*****************
Stay on topic, moved to different thread, etc.
(It has been awhile since I've seen one like that.)
Other than that, everyone is another member that contributes to this site.

Unedited

michel said:

I actually usually forget that you are a mod. All the mods here have done a really great job; I'm always as willing to argue (er I mean debate) my point out with a mod as with anyone. I've never felt afraid of making my point with a mod as I have on other boards. Of course there are a few times I've actually argued mod posts, asterisks and all. :eek:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I know I say whatever I want to say in a post regardless of who is in the thread...mod or not. Everyone here is here to discuss their opinions and are the same...regardless of any extra duties they may occassionally perform. They should be treated as such.

I also agree that the mods and admin here do a great job and this has become the only forum I regularly post on anymore simply for that fact and that the most of the members here are so civil. That is a rarity that is prized.