• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something from Nothing

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
The physical mind that produces these infinite thoughts is bound to the laws of physics and thus is a finite thing. Thus the infinite in depth thoughts are also finite.

All that exists is subject to entropy.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The physical mind that produces these infinite thoughts is bound to the laws of physics and thus is a finite thing. Thus the infinite in depth thoughts are also finite.

All that exists is subject to entropy.
energy is not a finite thing. a planck constant is a quantum, slice of the wave. like a quantity of apples are a sample of all apples ever produced.

unfortunately entropy occurs when something is being created at a lower/higher density than the energy density/vibration being used. so its a change in vibration that creates the distortion from the original vibration to a higher/lower vibration

in physics they are called standing waves

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
energy is not a finite thing. a planck constant is a quantum, slice of the wave. like a quantity of apples are a sample of all apples ever produced.

unfortunately entropy occurs when something is being created at a lower/higher density than the energy density/vibration being used. so its a change in vibration that creates the distortion from the original vibration to a higher/lower vibration

in physics they are called standing waves

Yet the mind that produces these thoughts is organic, and an AI needs a power source. Neither is infinitely sustainable.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yet the mind that produces these thoughts is organic, and an AI needs a power source. Neither is infinitely sustainable.

there is a problem when one believes matter and energy are two distinct things. einstein said they were not. quantum mechanics states they are not. they are the same thing but the observer can only see within the visual spectrum of the electromagnetic spectrum.

everything vibrates

Visible spectrum - Wikipedia

just as ai will not arise from nothing, mind doesn't arise from nothing. mind is the creator.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
i wanted to distinguish for clarity between the two

Oh.

Didn't work.

No thing can not replace nothing, they are not compatible, no thing can be expanded, for example... I returned home and no (single) thing had been moved. Nothing can replace no thing in some circumstances.

Nothing is a tricky concept and depends on interpretation.

Total vacuum can be seen as nothing. It is a space with dimensions which can have things placed onto it. It contains quantum material, light etc. This is what most people consider nothing

Alternatively, imagine absolute nothing, no dimensions, no photons, absolutely nothing. Much more difficult to comprehend.

james blunt

Alternatively, imagine absolute nothing, no dimensions, no photons, absolutely nothing. Much more difficult to comprehend.

It is not difficult to understand, it is the way it is explained . There is many types of nothing, each nothing explainable in a different way .

What you are talking about has dimensions, but there is nothing to define those dimensions.

Let me explain absolute nothing to you

1) Look at any object

2)Remove in your mind all other objects around you .

You should see this in your mind
you.jpg

Now remove you and the object and you should see this

clear1.jpg

Ok, so now remove all the Quantum soup from the picture , you will still see the same picture.

Now if you can understand the picture is not dark or light, you can now see what nothingness looks like.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It is not difficult to understand, it is the way it is explained . There is many types of nothing, each nothing explainable in a different way .

What you are talking about has dimensions, but there is nothing to define those dimensions.

1) Look at any object

View attachment 21730

View attachment 21731

Ok, so now remove all the Quantum soup from the picture , you will still see the same picture.

Now if you can understand the picture is not dark or light, you can now see what nothingness looks like.

looks like a black square to me.:D

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It will to most, look between the distant stars , what do you see?

Is it dark?

Is it light?

Does it look dark but there is light?
dark or light; if there is no contrast there is no definition. its like asking a blind person; if they dream in color, or see things? how can they answer; if they have never had an ocular sense.

james blunt

dark or light; if there is no contrast there is no definition. its like asking a blind person; if they dream in color, or see things? how can they answer; if they have never had an ocular sense.

I can assure you between the distant stars there is lots of light, but if you remove the light the picture does not alter. What you have to understand to see nothing in the picture, is too realise you are looking directly at the invisible ''man''. The invisible man is nether visibly light or visibly dark, ''he'' is transparent . Understand that the picture you are looking at, is like looking at clear water. Distance a perception of objects locations.

In simple terms imagine you are in the centre of an infinite invisible man , that is a void. What do you see?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChristineM

Premium Member

1) Look at any object

View attachment 21730

View attachment 21731

You obviously dont know what im talking about, your very first paragraph shows that, and the rest doesn't improve either

james blunt

You obviously dont know what im talking about, your very first paragraph shows that, and the rest doesn't improve either

I know very well that nothing has a few meanings. Nothing as in a geometrical point you are talking about, the boring mathematical nothing.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Where would one house "something" if there is no emptiness ("nothing"-ness) to place it?
Regards

It a would have to be housed somewhere, are dimension nothing? Is length a nonentity? Similarly height and width.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I know very well that nothing has a few meanings. Nothing as in a geometrical point you are talking about, the boring mathematical nothing.

Then why define it with your personal interpretation while trying to decry my post?

And since when has a dimensionless ??? Been geometrical?

james blunt

Then why define it with your personal interpretation while trying to decry my post?

And since when has a dimensionless ??? Been geometrical?

Perhaps you do not fully understand what a dimension is ?

A dimension is an imaginary line depicting a length of space.

An unknown volume of space has 0 dimensions. Relatively nothingness.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Perhaps you do not fully understand what a dimension is ?

A dimension is an imaginary line depicting a length of space.

An unknown volume of space has 0 dimensions. Relatively nothingness.

We have been through this on another thread, you were thoroughly beaten there, there is no point in starting your ad hominem attack again, you know you fail miserably.

Space, by definition has dimensions. Look it up and learn