• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something dawned on me....

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Atheism, Satanism, Luciferianism, and so on is only about the physical world (Not religions)

Whereas Spiritual paths/Religions are mostly/always about the spiritual realm (what comes after then physical)

Is this a wrong view/understanding in your mind?

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Atheism, Satanism, Luciferianism, and so on is only about the physical world

Whereas Spiritual paths/Religions are mostly/always about the spiritual realm (what comes after then physical)

Only by technicality. Atheism isn't a religion ;) and I think satanism from this source Satanism looks more like a philosophy. I assume all religions have a spiritual component to it especially for the follower(s) involved. Atheism is the exclusion if spirituality involves deities.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Only by technicality. Atheism isn't a religion ;) and I think satanism from this source Satanism looks more like a philosophy. I assume all religions have a spiritual component to it especially for the follower(s) involved. Atheism is the exclusion if spirituality involves deities.
So does that mean that for atheist, Satanists and so on the world (human life) is what is important ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I would say that atheism is about the physical world but it is not a religion.
I don't know anything about Satanism or Luciferianism.

I am not sure that most religions are mostly about the spiritual realm of existence. That is true for Christianity, Islam and the Baha'i Faith but I don't know about Judaism, Buddhism or Hinduism.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It's just ideological. Besides spiritual always involves physicality in one form or another in the mind whenever people talk about the idea.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It is correct according to your view, incorrect according to mine. What are spirits? What are spiritual paths and realms that you are talking about?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
So does that mean that for atheist, Satanists and so on the world (human life) is what is important ?

I'm not sure about Satanist and Luciferian as religions. Many atheists have spiritual practices and follow religions and so forth. They just don't believe deities exist. They can be any set of mystic religions. So I wouldn't say many atheists believe in the human world just they don't live with deities.

I have heard that there is a humanist satanism and also heard online years ago that the satan satanist believe isn't the christian satan. I don't know what Luciferianism though that could be just another term for satanism. I don't know.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Atheism isn't about the physical world anyways. It's not even a philosophy or whatever silly idea that theists come up with.

It's just a response to theism itself.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not sure about Satanist and Luciferian as religions. Many atheists have spiritual practices and follow religions and so forth. They just don't believe deities exist. They can be any set of mystic religions. So I wouldn't say many atheists believe in the human world just they don't live with deities.

I have heard that there is a humanist satanism and also heard online years ago that the satan satanist believe isn't the christian satan. I don't know what Luciferianism though that could be just another term for satanism. I don't know.
I edited the OP to say Atheism, Satanism, Luciferianism is not religions

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Satanism and Luciferianism are about the god Satan/Lucifer making them somewhat spiritual in my understanding

As an atheist i can say yes human life/all life/the world/reality if far more important than religious faith.

I am uncomfortable with the idea of placing an imaginary/mythical/unevidenced idea above all else

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I edited the OP to say Atheism, Satanism, Luciferianism is not religions

I got the context of what you meant. I don't personally have issues with religion given spirituality is apart of religion if not one. I'm sure all that you listed practitioners have a spiritual component or practice in the morals they take up in life. I guess I give people the benefit of the doubt-least I try to.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Satanism and Luciferianism are about the god Satan/Lucifer making them somewhat spiritual in my understanding

As an atheist i can say yes human life/all life/the world/reality if far more important than religious faith.

I am uncomfortable with the idea of placing an imaginary/mythical/unevidenced idea above all else
I do not wish to make you feel I attacking your views, but can I ask?
Why do you feel uncomfortable about there could be something "bigger" than humans? is it because you can not see it?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I do not wish to make you feel I attacking your views, but can I ask?
Why do you feel uncomfortable about there could be something "bigger" than humans? is it because you can not see it?

As i said, something imaginary / mythical / unevidenced. Its putting a person's ego above all else. Putting your own imagination above life is scary. With such a mindset who knows what people could imagine and worse, act upon?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
As i said, something imaginary / mythical / unevidenced. Its putting a person's ego above all else. Putting your own imagination above life is scary. With such a mindset who knows what people could imagine and worse, act upon?
But a spiritual practitioner is letting go of the ego, not boosting it. :confused:
Understanding there is something bigger than the self

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Atheism, Satanism, Luciferianism, and so on is only about the physical world (Not religions)

Well, philosophy as metaphysics is what comes after the physical.

If you want what religion is, in this context, then religion is natural or supernatural.
There is nothing but the natural (unknown) or there is more than the natural (unknown).

There is a short version of what religion is in practice. How a given human or group of humans organize their overall worldview and what they believe in.