• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Somerton Man Identified Through DNA

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I thought this was the best board to post this to as some lingering questions could potentially be answered by finding his extended family. Does anyone know of any Keane or Webb families in Australia?

In 1948, a man was found dead on Somerton beach in Australia. There were very few clues. He had no ID and his clothing tags were removed, though some of his garments had a name written on the band, "T. Keane". One investigator discovered a hidden pocket, in it was a torn piece of paper with the words "Tamám Shud". They came to learn it was a page torn from a copy of the poem "The Rubaiyat," by Omar Khayyam (which was popular at the time). He also had genetic rarities (no canine teeth and distinctively shaped ears). Oddly, the book the page was torn from was discovered, later on, it had been tossed in the backseat of a car belonging to someone who had nothing to do with the case. The book also contained a code that has yet to be deciphered and the phone number of a local woman, herself a mystery.

This local woman, a nurse, was thought to have had the Somerton Man's son as her son had the exact same genetic rarities he did. However, DNA testing of the son's daughter ruled that out, there is no shared DNA between her and the Somerton Man.

However, DNA testing and genealogy revealed the Somerton Man to most likely be a Charles "Carl" Webb. A video I watched said that Webb had a brother-in-law named Thomas Keane ("T. Keane"?). It's theorized Webb may have gone to Somerton to find his wife, Dorothy, who was divorcing him in absentia.

No photo of Carl Webb has been located yet which would certainly help to confirm whether he's the man who was found on Somerton Beach.

News article

Brian2

Veteran Member
I thought this was the best board to post this to as some lingering questions could potentially be answered by finding his extended family. Does anyone know of any Keane or Webb families in Australia?

In 1948, a man was found dead on Somerton beach in Australia. There were very few clues. He had no ID and his clothing tags were removed, though some of his garments had a name written on the band, "T. Keane". One investigator discovered a hidden pocket, in it was a torn piece of paper with the words "Tamám Shud". They came to learn it was a page torn from a copy of the poem "The Rubaiyat," by Omar Khayyam (which was popular at the time). He also had genetic rarities (no canine teeth and distinctively shaped ears). Oddly, the book the page was torn from was discovered, later on, it had been tossed in the backseat of a car belonging to someone who had nothing to do with the case. The book also contained a code that has yet to be deciphered and the phone number of a local woman, herself a mystery.

This local woman, a nurse, was thought to have had the Somerton Man's son as her son had the exact same genetic rarities he did. However, DNA testing of the son's daughter ruled that out, there is no shared DNA between her and the Somerton Man.

However, DNA testing and genealogy revealed the Somerton Man to most likely be a Charles "Carl" Webb. A video I watched said that Webb had a brother-in-law named Thomas Keane ("T. Keane"?). It's theorized Webb may have gone to Somerton to find his wife, Dorothy, who was divorcing him in absentia.

No photo of Carl Webb has been located yet which would certainly help to confirm whether he's the man who was found on Somerton Beach.

News article

In the olden days we used to look up the white pages telephone directory in the city or state of choice and find telephone numbers and addresses. That can be done on line now but I think it would be a harder job.
The nurse's son may not be the father of his daughter.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
In the olden days we used to look up the white pages telephone directory in the city or state of choice and find telephone numbers and addresses. That can be done on line now but I think it would be a harder job.
The nurse's son may not be the father of his daughter.

I received part of an inheritance from a distant relative because our genealogy was traced. Likely, a murder mystery would draw even greater effort.

The daughter met her birth father who'd given her up for adoption. He told her why she'd been given away. If he wasn't her father, I would think there would be no need to lie to an adult, it's a given her birth parents couldn't or didn't want to raise her. She met him to learn where she came from. She was conceived while they were in the midst of traveling. I suppose the mother could still have managed a tryst but it seems unlikely.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
There’s some interesting things about the “Somerton man”,all the labels from his clothing had been cut off,but of a mystery.