• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Someone I know is into dark stuff

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Wouldn't any aphrodisiac use be considered raping? I
If it is given unknowingly or unwillingly, then yes, that is rape. And it doesn't matter if the "drug" is ingested or inhaled. Do you think there is a moral difference between using "potions" and using "drugs".? If he was doing "magic" to kill or maim people, what would you do?

Theweirdtophat

If it is given unknowingly or unwillingly, then yes, that is rape. And it doesn't matter if the "drug" is ingested or inhaled. Do you think there is a moral difference between using "potions" and using "drugs".? If he was doing "magic" to kill or maim people, what would you do?

With the potion I understand, I was just talking about the cologne that he would use. But aren't aphrodisiacs for sale? I thought rape was forced sex not tricking them. Still unethical though. The potion would be yes but the cologne? The woman would be hornier but they aren't be forced to have sex, although they wouldn't be quite in their right mind, so I see your point. Still wrong though.

If he did that, I couldn't tell people he should be arrested because he used sorcery though. They wouldn't believe me. That's why I wanted to protect myself and others.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
He had told me he followed the path of fear and that he told me that if I did rituals with him I would see scary things but they would soon pass. He was rather vague about it.

I once watch a video about an ex-sorcerer who said he did something like that.
He had to go in a scary path but he couldn't do it to the end because it was very very scary. He had some old books he was following.
It's a way to show that he accept a "pact".
This guy regretted what he did but it was difficult for him to let this go.

I think your brother needs first to reconize that what he does is wrong, and then stop magic and see a psychologist.
But i think it can only come from him, if you're on his way he may be angry at you.

This is why I started on the path of Druidry and tried to learn nature magic of my own, to protect myself in case he started acting up again. I wanted to protect myself and my family from him. If any could pray for luck and good health any are appreciated. I know it's difficult for some to believe, but I would not type this if I did not think it was real. Magic as well as psionics like telepathy and telekinesis are real. I know I can't offer positive proof but if I did display it people wouldn't believe me. Some magic can't even be recorded and need to be experienced to know that it's real.

It's just something I need to share and if any knew people like my brother any help would be appreciated.

But Druidy is also magic, don't you have to do things more or less like your brother ? Isn't it dangerous too ?

Jumi

It seems your brother is a victim of his illusions and becoming increasingly deluded by them. What he fears is a creation of his own mind. Imaginary power is the worst, when he realizes it he will stop doing everything he has until now, but will he become a broken man? Let's hope he finds his way to something that heals his mind.

Theweirdtophat

I once watch a video about an ex-sorcerer who said he did something like that.
He had to go in a scary path but he couldn't do it to the end because it was very very scary. He had some old books he was following.
It's a way to show that he accept a "pact".
This guy regretted what he did but it was difficult for him to let this go.

I think your brother needs first to reconize that what he does is wrong, and then stop magic and see a psychologist.
But i think it can only come from him, if you're on his way he may be angry at you.

But Druidy is also magic, don't you have to do things more or less like your brother ? Isn't it dangerous too ?

I feel that he knows deep down what he's doing is wrong, but is making up excuses or trying to justify it. He sees this world as a crappy place to live in comparison to other worlds and he feels he may as well get everything out of this world, i.e. women, money ect. What he doesn't understand is all life is sacred and this world isn't as terrible as he says it is. There is good in it and he doesn't see it. To heal his mind, he has to see the world in a different perspective. When using magic, he doesn't think intentions plays a part, where any other responsible magic user knows that intention plays a big part.

Druidry is magic, but this is not the same school as his. I want to focus on protection and healing as well as plant magic and to work with nature spirits. His style is to dominate, uses curses, and to get spirits to do his bidding. I want to use magic that works with nature. I don't have to do anything that he does because he follows a totally different philosophy and different way of using magic. I want to study magic to protect myself and others and if he does get psychological help, learning magic would be most wise so I can protect myself against negative energy. That and it's wise to learn so I can protect myself from others who would do that as he's not the only one who does that stuff.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I feel that he knows deep down what he's doing is wrong, but is making up excuses or trying to justify it.
Still reminds me of Bill Cosby.

Seriously.

And seriously maybe that is a way to talk to your brother. Ask him what he thinks of Bill Cosby. Might be an interesting way to start a conversation about morality, respect for women, and sexual assault.

Theweirdtophat

Still reminds me of Bill Cosby.

Seriously.

And seriously maybe that is a way to talk to your brother. Ask him what he thinks of Bill Cosby. Might be an interesting way to start a conversation about morality, respect for women, and sexual assault.

He doesn't care about Cosby and I don't think talking about him about it would work. I'd rather focus protecting on myself and others. I'm no psychologist and I've done what I could to help him, even saved him times when he needed saving. He knows the difference between right and wrong. I know some won't believe it and if some do, some won't admit it, but the kind of magic he uses is addictive and corrupts the mind, like a drug. Power can corrupt after all. I felt it was a waste of talent and power, and not to mention despicable, to use it for selfish unethical purposes and try to keep it secret when magic users should use it to benefit humanity and help heal and enlighten others.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
This certainly explains more than a few things. Seems you're deeply troubled by the situation on the whole. That's never much fun. I'm not sure what to say.

Theweirdtophat

This certainly explains more than a few things. Seems you're deeply troubled by the situation on the whole. That's never much fun. I'm not sure what to say.

It has troubled me for a while. This was one of the main reasons why I joined this site. So those might have a better frame of reference especially ones that practiced magic and spirituality. It is hard to see him self destruct and I still find it hard to believe that I have to protect myself from my own brother. If you would like, sending prayers and healing is always welcome and appreciated. :) If you by any chance knew magic especially ones with a Celtic flavor that involves healing and protection or knew Celtic deities I can connect with that would be great, too.

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Your brother is a rapist. Magic is real, it IS natural but should not be messed with unless an emergency. I trust the Gods and Goddesses with things like life love and money. The love part I really need help with because I have had so much bad luck with it do not think a word exists for it . But even then I have not turned to magic. And even if I did turn to it for love I would find a spell to improve my social skills, awareness to a woman's interest in me and so on. I hate force in sex or a relationship, even if she is forcing herself to be with me and I am not doing anything for her to have those feelings. Not only is he a rapist he is also incompetent. I am incompetent too at love but at least I do not force a woman. To Náströnd with him.

Theweirdtophat

I can just say keep your nose out of others beliefs, and look at your own.

Well gee I wish it was that easy. Imagine you were me. And you have a brother who has of course dabbled into dark stuff and is trying to persuade you into doing something unethical and is clearly warped and corrupted by dabbling in this stuff and doesn't have a problem doing unethical stuff. This is my brother here and I don't want him to follow a path. What he personally believes is his own business but when he starts doing actions and his beliefs are influencing it, it's a problem. I can't change who he is but I can protect myself against him. And just picture that. I want to help him get off this path and now I have to protect myself and my friends and family from my own brother. Just imagine that.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Well gee I wish it was that easy. Imagine you were me. And you have a brother who has of course dabbled into dark stuff and is trying to persuade you into doing something unethical and is clearly warped and corrupted by dabbling in this stuff and doesn't have a problem doing unethical stuff. This is my brother here and I don't want him to follow a path. What he personally believes is his own business but when he starts doing actions and his beliefs are influencing it, it's a problem. I can't change who he is but I can protect myself against him. And just picture that. I want to help him get off this path and now I have to protect myself and my friends and family from my own brother. Just imagine that.
Still its not your business, and how do you really know that all that you believe about his belief is right, your belief would be what you heard from others, and I know that many Christians are so ignorant about others beliefs, they are also so superstitious beyond imagination.

Theweirdtophat

Still its not your business, and how do you really know that all that you believe about his belief is right, your belief would be what you heard from others, and I know that many Christians are so ignorant about others beliefs, they are also so superstitious beyond imagination.

It wouldn't be my business but if he is unstable and not in his right mind and is willing to take advantage of others, me, my friends, loved ones or family, it is my business. I know for certain his path is the wrong one. For one thing it hasn't helped him. It's given him small boosts but due to negative karma he ends up falling on his face, but he doesn't believe in karma, so he ends up repeating the same mistake. That and what kind of good path endorses trying to get women to have sex with you by wearing a cologne or perhaps having them drink the liquid to make them horny, and what kind of good path encourages scamming people out of money. That and he has also studied psychology which allows him to use his magic to more easily manipulate others. I think I know my brother a little bit more than you though. I can tell he regrets some actions but he's not in his right mind and is corrupted by whatever he's practicing. Following a good moral path would not seriously disturb his mind.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It wouldn't be my business but if he is unstable and not in his right mind and is willing to take advantage of others, me, my friends, loved ones or family, it is my business. I know for certain his path is the wrong one. For one thing it hasn't helped him. It's given him small boosts but due to negative karma he ends up falling on his face, but he doesn't believe in karma, so he ends up repeating the same mistake. That and what kind of good path endorses trying to get women to have sex with you by wearing a cologne or perhaps having them drink the liquid to make them horny, and what kind of good path encourages scamming people out of money. That and he has also studied psychology which allows him to use his magic to more easily manipulate others. I think I know my brother a little bit more than you though. I can tell he regrets some actions but he's not in his right mind and is corrupted by whatever he's practicing. Following a good moral path would not seriously disturb his mind.
Well here you are telling me more negative stuff that I didn't know, what I did say can well be the truth for someone in that situation, just as there is negative things in Christianity, or any other religion, many people have been mentally abused or commented suicide because of Christianity, so again there is negative in all belief systems, w only need the wisdom to notice it.

I'm not sure about what's going on but please ere on the side of caution. what I read from your post sounds and reads like a red flag so please watch over your brother and be mindful of not only his safety but your own and anyone involved in the magic