• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Wrongful Cop Behavior That Doesn't Spark Riots

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The problem with policing is far larger than the media & BLM would have you believe.
In this video, the cop who executed the victim had something written on his rifle.
"You're ****ed"

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
8 Minutes and 46 Seconds: How George Floyd Was Killed in Police Custody

Sad, there is something wrong with that Cop.

I heard a study on the radio that twice and many Blacks are killed by police than Whites. I wonder how much of a cultural problem there is between the police and Blacks. Hard to tell but he seemed to resist being put into the police cruiser. Not that that justifies what happened but police feel they need to do whatever is necessary to get compliance in any situation because lives are usually at risk.

How often is compliance an issue when a death occurs at the hands of the police? If Floyd had simply gotten in the back of the police cruiser that day, would he be alive now?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
well THAT was unsettling

I advocate compliance with the law

but this info givens indication......
the police are less than able minded

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I heard a study on the radio that twice and many Blacks are killed by police than Whites. I wonder how much of a cultural problem there is between the police and Blacks. Hard to tell but he seemed to resist being put into the police cruiser. Not that that justifies what happened but police feel they need to do whatever is necessary to get compliance in any situation because lives are usually at risk.

How often is compliance an issue when a death occurs at the hands of the police? If Floyd had simply gotten in the back of the police cruiser that day, would he be alive now?
Floyd sparked riots. That is off topic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

This is one reason I don't rule out culture as a factor in racial disparity.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Let's here it for the 'well-armed militia" folk. We need them to show up with their fully-loaded AK-47's to protect lives against the cops, do we not.
Or the mafia. Id personally feel more safe around them. My natural quietness amd slowly and carefully considered words will keep alive around them. Cops on the other hand, that sometimes makes them suspicious, and then at that point it starts to remain calm because they start insinuating I'm intoxicated.
Bike gang members even. Ive gotten along with them (no more than one or two at a time though). I know ine pig who put me in his car twice, despite me being a "neighborhood" familair car and face and him even saying he recognized me from when I work at the gas station.
I've even trusted a speedfreak drug dealer to watch my apartment once (he even cleaned it). A cop? Never.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
This is one reason I don't rule out culture as a factor in racial disparity.

Don't most folks see criminals as lower class citizens?
Floyd was pegged as a criminal already by the police.

People tend to find ways to justify their actions against the immoral.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Don't most folks see criminals as lower class citizens?
Floyd was pegged as a criminal already by the police.

People tend to find ways to justify their actions against the immoral.
I get that impression, ie, that once branded as a criminal, one is forever viewed as one.
Except for Danny Trejo.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
There are several things about the first story that don't add up.

One is that he was charged with multiple felonies. If all a prosecutor has to go on is that he's white and male and got arrested, that doesn't seem right. It shows a pic of the person that the cops were looking for, and they don't look much alike. Sure, overzealous cops might have made a terrible mistake and should be held accountable. But $50,0000 bond, six months waiting for trial? Acquittal?

No, this seems off to me. Like there's lots more to the story than 6 minutes of vague, tearjerking, video actually explain. Such as, what was he charged with and did it have anything to do with his arrest?

Maybe he was guilty of several felonies, but his indulgent parents could afford the kind of lawyers that get people acquitted. I'm not claiming to know.

All I'm claiming is that one carefully edited video doesn't prove a dang thing. And you are making a serious, broad, accusation in this thread.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are several things about the first story that don't add up.

One is that he was charged with multiple felonies. If all a prosecutor has to go on is that he's white and male and got arrested, that doesn't seem right. It shows a pic of the person that the cops were looking for, and they don't look much alike. Sure, overzealous cops might have made a terrible mistake and should be held accountable. But $50,0000 bond, six months waiting for trial? Acquittal?

No, this seems off to me. Like there's lots more to the story than 6 minutes of vague, tearjerking, video actually explain. Such as, what was he charged with and did it have anything to do with his arrest?

Maybe he was guilty of several felonies, but his indulgent parents could afford the kind of lawyers that get people acquitted. I'm not claiming to know.

All I'm claiming is that one carefully edited video doesn't prove a dang thing. And you are making a serious, broad, accusation in this thread.
Tom
If you want to disprove his claims, then be my guest.
Here's more info for you to reject....
After Police Brutally Beat & Hospitalized James King, The Government Closed Ranks and Is Using a Legal Shell Game To Avoid Accountability - Institute for Justice'
An Innocent Man Beaten By Law Enforcement Asks The Supreme Court To Give Him His Day In Court

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I get that impression, ie, that once branded as a criminal, one is forever viewed as one.
Except for Danny Trejo.
I could have been branded as a criminal having been busted for shoplifting when I was a stupid adolescent. But I was a clean-cut young white so got off without even being arrested. If I had been black, I would have been in the slammer.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I could have been branded as a criminal having been busted for shoplifting when I was a stupid adolescent. But I was a clean-cut young white so got off without even being arrested. If I had been black, I would have been in the slammer.
You were lucky.
I've know whities who've been less so.
One plays roulette when encountering cops.
And that's the theme of this thread, ie, it's a big problem for everyone.