• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some wisdom of God blinding Jacob's physical eyes.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

Of course, grief is one thing, and Yaqoub (a) become blinded by grief is something else.

Jacob (a) can heal his eyes, prevent it from getting blind, so what does it mean, he became blind while in grief?

To me, it means Jacob (a) is complaining to his sons and those around him, that he is the heart of the world. His grief for Yusuf (a) is out of knowledge, knowledge that if Yusuf (a) is unknown and lost in people's understanding, so then the world becomes blind.

In other words, this was a way of him expressing, I empathize with the world to the degree that I am the world. I am it's heart and what they suffer, I suffer. But he can't become spiritually blind and can't suffer that regard, but instead chooses to become physically blind as expression, "I am the world", that he is grieving for sake of God and complaining to God about Yusuf (a), because it's not just him (a) who is the light of the world, but Yusuf (a) too, and the next branch, and next, that have to carry the light and for truth to prevail.

When Yusuf (a) was recognized and his brothers repented and he forgave them, and Yaqoub (a) smelled the shirt of Yusuf (a) and put on his eyes, of course, Yaqoub (a) says now you see, so I will see.

The Nubuwa and Welayat and Resalah all have a divine scent. The physical shirt is not needed to cure his eyes, Yaqoub (a) can cure it.

All this was to make a lesson for everyone.

They were "miracles", but it also symbolizes more.

Imam Ali ibn Hussain (a) cried every meal and would remind people that Imam Hussain (a) died thirsty.

The Imams (a) taught who cries for Hussain (a) would enter paradise. They paid people to do poetry to sadden people about tragedy Ahlulbayt (a) went through.

And latom (beating chest or heads) is said to have occurred even by the women of paradise when news of Hussain's (a) tragedy came about.

No More Tears

When the fires of war are put out
And smokes covering the truth are cleared
Only then when will we shed no more tears
Till then "O Hussain" with sorrow we shout