• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Type on Monism?

Laying out my jumbled ideas, guess's, crude theory. In Brief.

I don't claim to have an answer, but it does seem I'm leaning towards a form on Monism.
What I have is an idea, a theory, a guess. Based on a layman's understanding of Quantum Physics. Perhaps some where along the lines of Monism.

From what I've read so far. The Universe and all in it are irrelevant, a hologram invention where personal consciousness temporarily act out thru amnesia. That the base of all is within the Quantum dimension, level, realm.

I cannot see a mystical, nor a faith, nor supreme deity/being. What I see is formal natural state, of which this hologram universe is a concoction of it. This universe would not exist without the Quantum. We put too much emphasis on this universe and our material forms which in truth are nothing physical. No more than an Apparition or type of hologram. Waves which are manipulated to appear as form and solid, but not solid.

When there is talk of duality in waves and particles, then building to atoms and molecules. Regardless of biological or mineral, there is no difference at the level of molecules, atoms and wave/particle. Except in consciousness.

As in this holographic experience, consciousness manipulates the material out of curiosity, for ease of existence. It is a leap to assume that these same consciousness's are doing the same with what is the building blocks of this holographic universe.

I feel more comfortable seeing consciousness as a thing, prior to a material birth, and to revert back to full memory after the mortal end of these inventions called human bodies.

What do you think? Anyone else leaning this way?

epronovost

What I have is an idea, a theory, a guess. Based on a layman's understanding of Quantum Physics.

That's a huge problem. It would be like using a layman understanding of neurosurgery and neurobiology to try to diagnose and treat someone's brain cancer or building a 300 meters long suspension bridge with a layman understanding of arythmetic. It's impossible to produce something of worth in such circumstances.

That's a huge problem. It would be like using a layman understanding of neurosurgery and neurobiology to try to diagnose and treat someone's brain cancer or building a 300 meters long suspension bridge with a layman understanding of arythmetic. It's impossible to produce something of worth in such circumstances.

Not at all, the basics of Quantum Physics is causally explained now a days and none is discredited. The human and QP are one and the same. We don't exist except for QP. It's easy to see.

Good idea. I too, am a staunch monist and, therefore, an atheist.

What I find most people have a difficult time with is for them to see what I see, An eternal consciousness, as a naturally occurring thing, No deities required. I'm an Atheist of the God/Gods/Deities of all historical philosophical attempts to understand where did we come from, why are we here and where are we going. One of the proofs that historical religions are wrong is, they all have changed vastly from what they originally were. All of them. Little admissions of faults, through Schism of what are always originally proclaimed as Perfection and literal words of their Supreme Beings. They all have changed, splintered by Schism. Devolving quickly into Multi Level Marketing schemes, pyramids of power for a few, as the devote scurry to bring in new people and new money. What I propose is not a religion nor a faith, but a natural act which originates at the Quantum level. We are as close to eternity as close as an atom, which means we are already there but cannot recognize it, at least not until we shed these holographic images. To have a conversation with anyone not read up on the basics facts of QP is futile. Or even basic science, what we see is actually an image created inside our brain, we can never literally touch as what we think is touch is simply repulsive energy pushing away like opposite poles of a magnet, we are literally empty space at the particle level but particles are also waves which exist outside of time. Its simple. Quantum Physics doesn't require blind faith.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It could be very Quantum like. What exists could also go into the phase of not existing. We have not seen all the tricks of nature till now.
What I find most people have a difficult time with is for them to see what I see, An eternal consciousness, as a naturally occurring thing, ..
You need an eternal consciousness, many Hindus too need it. I need nothing.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
What I find most people have a difficult time with is for them to see what I see, An eternal consciousness, as a naturally occurring thing, No deities required. I'm an Atheist of the God/Gods/Deities of all historical philosophical attempts to understand where did we come from, why are we here and where are we going. One of the proofs that historical religions are wrong is, they all have changed vastly from what they originally were. All of them. Little admissions of faults, through Schism of what are always originally proclaimed as Perfection and literal words of their Supreme Beings. They all have changed, splintered by Schism. Devolving quickly into Multi Level Marketing schemes, pyramids of power for a few, as the devote scurry to bring in new people and new money. What I propose is not a religion nor a faith, but a natural act which originates at the Quantum level. We are as close to eternity as close as an atom, which means we are already there but cannot recognize it, at least not until we shed these holographic images. To have a conversation with anyone not read up on the basics facts of QP is futile. Or even basic science, what we see is actually an image created inside our brain, we can never literally touch as what we think is touch is simply repulsive energy pushing away like opposite poles of a magnet, we are literally empty space at the particle level but particles are also waves which exist outside of time. Its simple. Quantum Physics doesn't require blind faith.

But you are adding an eternal consciousness on top of QP. Why?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You see, it takes time from Theism to consciousness, and from Consciousness to monism. Our friend is doing the first step. I encourage him to investigate. :)

Good idea. I too, am a staunch monist and, therefore, an atheist.
I pulled this from Wikipedia; Different types of monism include:

1. Substance monism, "the view that the apparent plurality of substances is due to different states or appearances of a single substance"[12]
  2. Attributive monism, "the view that whatever the number of substances, they are of a single ultimate kind"[12]
  3. Partial monism, "within a given realm of being (however many there may be) there is only one substance"[12]
  4. Existence monism, "the view that there is only one concrete object token (The One, "Τὸ Ἕν" or the Monad)"[19]
  5. Priority monism, "the whole is prior to its parts" or "the world has parts, but the parts are dependent fragments of an integrated whole"[18]
  6. Property monism, "the view that all properties are of a single type (e.g., only physical properties exist)"
  7. Genus monism, "the doctrine that there is a highest category; e.g., being"
For the life of why one term can have this many, But if! I guess if Monism is a term applied to oneself, your also required to declare, Monism-X.
I'm going to make up my own as it seems a typical action. My Monism had nothing to do with any Deities of any and all types. Monism-Natural as defined by Quantum Physics!
LOL, there we go! MDQP!

What this means to me is I strip away everything for a clear mind, then accept the state of quantum physics as the natural and base or core state of all. Which contains, if that is the right word, our personal consciousness. This Universe is nothing, false, fake, holographic, as is the so called material.

I halfheartedly image we get bored in the quantum state and a group of us 'observed' this universe for a vacation. No harm, no foul can become of it as it is as a TV movie, everyone walks away at the end and we resume real existence.

But too many can only wrap their minds around this fake world and body as if they are the Primary, to the point they want to return after mortal death, but only if their God makes it a party. Like Buddha said, Let this crap go!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That is what I too do. Strip away everything and apply Quantum Mechanics. I strip away Creation, Gods, soul, any kind of messengers from any God/Allah, birth, death, reincarnation, heaven, hell, final judgment and deliverance.
In the Wikipedia list, I could agree to a few definitions. I have not given it a deep thought, but they may not be exclusive of each other.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Laying out my jumbled ideas, guess's, crude theory. In Brief.

I don't claim to have an answer, but it does seem I'm leaning towards a form on Monism.
What I have is an idea, a theory, a guess. Based on a layman's understanding of Quantum Physics. Perhaps some where along the lines of Monism.

From what I've read so far. The Universe and all in it are irrelevant, a hologram invention where personal consciousness temporarily act out thru amnesia. That the base of all is within the Quantum dimension, level, realm.

I cannot see a mystical, nor a faith, nor supreme deity/being. What I see is formal natural state, of which this hologram universe is a concoction of it. This universe would not exist without the Quantum. We put too much emphasis on this universe and our material forms which in truth are nothing physical. No more than an Apparition or type of hologram. Waves which are manipulated to appear as form and solid, but not solid.

When there is talk of duality in waves and particles, then building to atoms and molecules. Regardless of biological or mineral, there is no difference at the level of molecules, atoms and wave/particle. Except in consciousness.

As in this holographic experience, consciousness manipulates the material out of curiosity, for ease of existence. It is a leap to assume that these same consciousness's are doing the same with what is the building blocks of this holographic universe.

I feel more comfortable seeing consciousness as a thing, prior to a material birth, and to revert back to full memory after the mortal end of these inventions called human bodies.

What do you think? Anyone else leaning this way?
" Monism "

Isn't "Monism" but a philosophical unnatural term and has got nothing to do with the truthful and natural Religion and or Science, please?
Right?

Regards

You explained a creation in a very scientific way, but true creation has spiritual origins. If we are the only living beings in existence why are there billions of planets. The Christian example is a creation from a supreme being. I believe everything happens for a reason. Consciousness is attached to a spirit. The soul can identity with the spirit through connection. Oneness is false because we are all separate and have separate needs.