• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some Reservist Called To Active Duty

dfnj

The President has authorized the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Homeland Security to recall as many as 1 million members of the Ready Reserve to active duty for up to two years.
Trump calls up reserves for coronavirus 'battle'

Street riots are inevitable as states become bankrupt and cut back services. Having no federal government will have consequences. This is what happens when government is so small you can drown it in a bathtub. All you have left is military force.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
They've also been helpful at the direction of state governments in a few states.

Street riots are inevitable as states become bankrupt and cut back services. Having no federal government will have consequences. This is what happens when government is so small you can drown it in a bathtub. All you have left is military force.

As well as any additional duties, they would be needed to cover for sick regulars. You need excess capacity in a time like this to even function normally.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The President has authorized the Secretaries of the Army, Navy, Air Force and Homeland Security to recall as many as 1 million members of the Ready Reserve to active duty for up to two years.
Trump calls up reserves for coronavirus 'battle'
Germany has also called on reserve medical staff to voluntarily come back to active duty in Bundeswehr hospitals. Iirc about one third of those who applied are now being retrained and will be deployed over the next weeks.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It is interesting how many comment without actually reading the article.

To summarize the article, they are being called in to supplement the supply chains, help with mobilizing mobile hospitals, etc.
NOT for law enforcement.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Are we suppose to automatically know what you're talking about?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Are we suppose to automatically know what you're talking about?
I think it's about Ameristan.
But must be one in a parallel universe.
The one I'm has calm streets, a big federal
government, & people helping each other.

esmith

Veteran Member
It is interesting how many comment without actually reading the article.

To summarize the article, they are being called in to supplement the supply chains, help with mobilizing mobile hospitals, etc.
NOT for law enforcement.
Well the Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the US military, except for the National Guard, to be used to control the civilian public except when the Congress authorizes it. So those that think otherwise might behoove themselves to understand the law before going off half-cocked. I'll even provide a link for them to read. Of course some refuse to have facts presented if they think it proves their asinine opinion wrong.
The Posse Comitatus Act and Related Matters: The Use of the Military to Execute Civilian Law

Last edited:

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Well the Posse Comitatus Act does not allow the US military, except for the National Guard, to be used to control the civilian public except when the Congress authorizes it. So those that think otherwise might behoove themselves to understand the law before going off half-cocked. I'll even provide a link for them to read. Of course some refuse to have facts presented if they think it proves their asinine opinion wrong.
The Posse Comitatus Act and Related Matters: The Use of the Military to Execute Civilian Law
Yeah,
I read the short article you linked in the OP before I started reading the comments...

Thus my reply.