• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some remarks on Noah

Shadow11

There is the theory that human blood was tainted by the fallen angels who impregnated women creating a different human. It say these spawns where super human and God flooded and removed the stain of the mixed blood. You can find it in the books of Enock but are not a part of the canonical Apocrypha. The giants where spawns of the angels.

I not say any of this is true the books are not recognized its just there. Genesis does touch on it slightly. Not what I believe.You can read it if you want it is available online. I believe they call them the watchers - its in the movie also with Russel Crow where they took from the book.

I say again Enoch is not approved.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So God created a world in such a bad way that he had no choice but to destroy the vast majority of human and animal life to fix the problems?

And then it didn't even solve the problems.

A God this incompetent is worth worshipping?
He let people decide. Using Noah was a stroke of Genius, especially since the story helps us be better.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Noah was the only one through which God could preserve a righteous enough population and he did it. The animals had to fit on the ark.

They are scientific hypotheses.
Really? What test could possible refute that Noah was righteous?

And I thought that you were down to a local flood. Why would any animals be needed on the magic boat at all?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The facts go against anyone who interprets it literally. So we question why literalists have made that poor decision.

How does it make anyone better, exactly?

Did it make Noah a better person?
Yes, one of the first things he did after getting off of the magic boat was to invent alcohol. That does make him pretty righteous. But that does not help the aforementioned "hypothesis" since that occurred after the local flood that people could have walked away from.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Noah was the only one through which God could preserve a righteous enough population and he did it.

Newsflash: ethical behavior is not genetically inheritable.

All those evil babies... yeah, better drown them all!

:rolleyes:

You make zero sense.
You know, the obvious scientific impossibility being ignored by biblical literalist concerning such stories doesn't even bother me at all compared to the moral bankruptcy of the apologetics that piggy back on it.

Even IF this flood were physically possible, even IF it could be proven beyond a doubt that this thing actually occured.... it is inexcusable. Indefensible. Unjustifiable.

It is pure genocidal evil barbarism of the worst kind the likes of which the world has never seen.
Even the most brutal, evil, barbaric men that have ever walked the earth don't even come close to this degree of unethical, immoral, evil.

And biblical literalists have a religious need to not only defend this, but actually call it "good" also!

It never ceases to amaze me how religion can corrupt basic human decency and ethical thinking like that.

The animals had to fit on the ark.

:rolleyes:

So the all powerfull miracle worker didn't find a better solution then just the indiscriminate killing of everyone and everything, regardless.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

And again we have this shameful one-liner nonsensical "excuse" for why it was okay to simply slaughter millions, billions, of living sentient beings. "the physically impossible boat wasn't big enough".

Yep, great justification you got there.

They are scientific hypotheses.

You might want to look up what makes a hypothesis scientific. Or what makes an idea a hypothesis in the first place.

None of what you scribbled down, qualifies.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Let's do this:

Find me an 8-12 year old who does not think Noah's Ark is a good moral story. I know for a fact that kids loved the movie "Evan Almighty."

As for science, scientists can decide personally what they believe and make scientific papers about what they can show.

Show me one statement - I will take the first one - show me one statement to evaluate the scientific authenticity of the story and I will take time on it.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
By the way, why kill babies?

Babies can't raise themselves and the parents were evil so they would have taught their babies to be evil.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Let's do this:

Find me an 8-12 year old who does not think Noah's Ark is a good moral story. I know for a fact that kids loved the movie "Evan Almighty."
What moral lesson is there? Don't act like this God so you're not a mass murderer?

As for science, scientists can decide personally what they believe and make scientific papers about what they can show.
Scientists decide to be ethical and objective, and follow the facts. The facts dictate conclusions, and the facts do not back up a literal interpretation.

Show me one statement - I will take the first one - show me one statement to evaluate the scientific authenticity of the story and I will take time on it.
Beating a dead horse. If there was any element of the Noah myth that was plausible it has been revealed already.

F1fan

Veteran Member
By the way, why kill babies?

Babies can't raise themselves and the parents were evil so they would have taught their babies to be evil.
But realize these babies were from parents that your God created, and created flawed and evil. So not an excuse for your God. It should have created moral and decent people so it didn't;t have to murder their innocent offspring.

Since you approve of God murdering babies I take it you're not pro-life.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
But realize these babies were from parents that your God created, and created flawed and evil. So not an excuse for your God. It should have created moral and decent people so it didn't;t have to murder their innocent offspring.

Since you approve of God murdering babies I take it you're not pro-life.
I am pro-life and your arguments are crap and you know it.