• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some religions shouldn't exist.

Some religions should not exist.

• Agree

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Disagree

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Don't Know/No Opinion

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Pretty much what i was going to say.

Why legislate belief in God with rules and commands etc. Its like spiritual politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Even during the first century at the time of Christ, the religious leaders were not keeping with the Mosaic law. It wasn't the fault of the law but the fault of the religious leaders not following the law.

This is true today. The clergy class is not keeping with what Jesus taught.
So, it is not the fault of Jesus teachings that hate, despair and death in the 'holy name of war' have occurred.

Jesus at Matthew [23v35; Rev 18v24] blamed religious leaders for blood shed.

So what will be annihilated from off the face of planet Earth is the whole world's religious sector that has run afoul playing false to God's Golden Rule and false to Jesus teachings or new commandment of love.-John 13vs34,35.

As in the past, God used on those rebellious to him the political/military world as his 'ax' to go against them. So once again God will use the world's political 'kings' or world rulers to turn on the world's religions playing false to him.
The United Nations sees a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing in today's world and with backing the United Nations can be strengthened to be God's 'ax' to do away with those proving false to him.

Last edited by a moderator:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Pretty much what i was going to say.
Why legislate belief in God with rules and commands etc. Its like spiritual politics.

What is wrong with the Golden Rule?
What is wrong with Jesus new command of John 13 vs34,35?
How can one go past or surpass the love that Jesus taught?

American operates as a free religious marketplace.
The clergy often link 'religion with patriotism' like some sort of spiritual politics. Often the clergy instead of following Jesus agenda they follow their own agenda, often political. They use the pulpit as a recruiting station so that parents will sacrifice their young men on the alter of war as if it was the same as dying for God. Instead of listening to the words that came 'out' of Jesus mouth, so to speak, they put words 'in' his mouth as if they are some sort of holy ventriloquist.

Doesn't the conscience need direction and guidance?
Who'd want the conscience of a serial killer?
Isn't it clear that the uninstructed human conscience is not a sufficient guide
because ever worsening social problems are drifting into moral collapse?
Jesus did not play spiritual politics but taught what was religiously civilized.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There is nothing wrong with any religion, Its how the people use it that is the problem.

Voting yes means your saying some people shouldn't exist. Which I'm ok with. If you get rid of enough people all religions will be fine.

stlekee

Fool for Wisdom
There is nothing wrong with any religion, Its how the people use it that is the problem.

Voting yes means your saying some people shouldn't exist. Which I'm ok with. If you get rid of enough people all religions will be fine.

So how could this be done? He asks again.

The return of the inquisitions perhaps - or the revenge of the inquisitions? Intolerance and hatred by any other name....

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

How and when did the existence of beliefs become synonimous with the existence of specific people?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I wish what you say could be true, but I think there can indeed be something wrong with a religion. Saying there cannot stretches the credibility. It's like saying there can be nothing wrong with idea or practice.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Now that I have read the link, I must say I am pretty disgusted. But I think it is a mockery of religion.

kai

ragamuffin
I think religion has a weird stifling effect on people, the lot should go,its fascinating though ,kind of like watching people dance if you remove the sound. I think i must be immune to its effects.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Even during the first century at the time of Christ, the religious leaders were not keeping with the Mosaic law. It wasn't the fault of the law but the fault of the religious leaders not following the law.

This is true today. The clergy class is not keeping with what Jesus taught.
So, it is not the fault of Jesus teachings that hate, despair and death in the 'holy name of war' have occurred.

Jesus at Matthew [23v35; Rev 18v24] blamed religious leaders for blood shed.

So what will be annihilated from off the face of planet Earth is the whole world's religious sector that has run afoul playing false to God's Golden Rule and false to Jesus teachings or new commandment of love.-John 13vs34,35.

As in the past, God used on those rebellious to him the political/military world as his 'ax' to go against them. So once again God will use the world's political 'kings' or world rulers to turn on the world's religions playing false to him.
The United Nations sees a hauntingly dangerous religious climate brewing in today's world and with backing the United Nations can be strengthened to be God's 'ax' to do away with those proving false to him.

you forgot how god condoned the rape of a woman who wasn't pledged,
the beating of slaves and the human trafficking of slaves born to slaves
the condoning of genocide...

BruceDLimber

All three of the Abrahamic religions should be annihilated from the face of the planet Earth, nowhere in history has any other religion created such hate, despair and death.

You clearly overlook the facts that not only are there FIVE Abrahamic religions: Judaism, Christianity, Islam, the Babi Faith, and the Baha'i Faith; but that the Baha'i Faith has created NO SUCH THING--and indeed, arguably quite the opposite!

Peace,

Bruce

Last edited: