• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

some questions

andy4f

I've been doing a bit of research on the temple of Set.. I hope I'm posting in the right area of the forum.I have a few questions. If your accepted for the first degree and you find a mentor. Does the mentor give you exercises to work through? How do you know what work to do? Are you given it by your mentor? Or do you go it alone and the mentor see's what you come up with. Does the mentor teach you black magic? After doing the work how does the mentor know your ready for the next degree? Do you have to go through an initiation ritual to reach this next degree?

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Dear andy4f,

It is up to the Recongized First Degree to navigate and use the Setian material they have access to. They can, if they chose, join the Soa Gild which pairs the Setian with an Adept. The primary role of the First Degree is to access the Temple of Set and the Temple of Set will do the same. It is up to the Individual to determine what they Need to Work on. How could anyone else decide that for them? Once the First Degree decides that, yes, the Temple of Set is where they Need to be they can start a Recognition Dialogue with a member of the Priesthood (III*+). Each member of the Priesthood Works differently so the requirements will vary but the core really is understanding and applying Setian philosophy. Understanding Xeper and doing it! The First Degree has two years to figure this all out. The First Degree is granted access to ample resources and tools. It is up to the Individual to figure out how best to use these for themselves.

Lloyd

PS I would suggest that you listen to these pod casts: http://khprvod.org/ and read over the material on Xeper.org

andy4f

What is the Soa Gild? At the moment I'm reading the material on the TOS website and I'm going to read the books. Then I'm going to decide if the temples right for me and if I'm right for the temple..I'm getting the impression that I won't be spoon fed like the RHP. Does anyone know of anymore forums I can visit?

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Dear andy4f,

No, there is no spoon feeding. And really the only way you will know if the Temple of Set is right for you is by Working in it as a I*. Reading books or going to forums won't to that for you. The Soa Gild is talked about briefly here: KHPR 001: So you’re thinking of joining the Temple of Set? The Gild places I*s together with experienced II* for mentoring. It is not mandatory to be part of the Gild.

Lloyd

andy4f

thank you for your help. I found the SOA gild but its a blog. Is that what its supposed to be? I thought maybe it was a forum.

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Dear andy4f,

The Soa Gild is not a blog. Nor is it a forum. I gave you a link that describes it. I've also given you an indication as to what it is.

As a final attempt:

"The Soa-Gild
The Soa-Gild is designed to provide a Mentoring environment for new Setians to help them get better acquainted with the Temple and with Setian Initiation.

The Soa-Gild is comprised of several Oases, each facilitated by a Soa Priest (a III°+ member of the Priesthood of Set). Within each Oasis, First Degree Setians are paired with Second Degree mentors to jointly explore the Setian initiatory process in theory and practice."
Xeper.org | Structure

This is far more than sufficient for you to work out what the Soa Gild is.

Lloyd