• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some questions that merit consideration:

capumetu

How did mankind become alienated from God, and with what result?

What future awaits those who are faithful to Jehovah?

How is this wonderful future possible?

What blessings of the promised new world do you anticipate?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Maya, and ignorance to one's true nature.

I would imagine pretty much the same as anyone else, save much more time in religious practice and evangelism.

By becoming a Jehovah's Witness or a member of any other evangelical religious faith?

Satcitananda.

capumetu

Maya, and ignorance to one's true nature.

I would imagine pretty much the same as anyone else, save much more time in religious practice and evangelism.

By becoming a Jehovah's Witness or a member of any other evangelical religious faith? The only way is to do your best at living up to the requirements Mat 7:21-23

Satcitananda.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

Based upon the questions you’ve asked, the way you’ve phrased them, and your religious affiliation, my guess is that you’re not really seeking to expand your knowledge of the diverse opinions people might hold about these issues. I suspect that there is a sales pitch in the wings.

In any event, other than, perhaps, the first question, the questions have no meaning to non-Christians. I’ll let myself out so I don’t hold up the line of those who want to participate.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Why do you think that these questions merit consideration?

exchemist

Veteran Member

I think you may need to start at the beginning. Why do these questions merit consideration, in your opinion?

Oops, beaten to it by @9-10ths_Penguin .

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member

I can't speak for all of mankind, since I really don't know to what level human kind is alienated from god... If we are talking about the christians to non christians ratio, christianity is the most widely practiced religion today, though islam will displace it in the near future.

Speaking on my own behalf, I wouldn't say that I've "alienated" myself from god. If anything, my path took it's course with the intent of understanding him more. What I found was that in seeking him, my ideas of him conflicted with observable truth, so rather than sinking into intellectual dishonesty like I had done in the past, I swallowed my medicine and readjusted my world view to incorporate truth the best I could do.

I haven't looked back since, and things have only gotten better for me. :)

Well, I suspect similar futures for those who are faithful when compared to those who aren't. Life is a luxury, and death is a certainty. Make use of what time you have while you still have it!

Well, if we want to see a wonderful future, I like the zoroastrian mantra of "Good thoughts. Good words. Good deeds." Simple, direct, and easy to remember when things go TU. :D

I'd immediately become skeptical of anyone's promises for the future. Ultimately, if I want a better future, I have to make it happen the best that I can. Waiting for someone to do it for me doesn't yield much results.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
I can't speak for all of mankind, since I really don't know to what level human kind is alienated from god... If we are talking about the christians to non christians ratio, christianity is the most widely practiced religion today, though islam will displace it in the near future.

Speaking on my own behalf, I wouldn't say that I've "alienated" myself from god. If anything, my path took it's course with the intent of understanding him more. What I found was that in seeking him, my ideas of him conflicted with observable truth, so rather than sinking into intellectual dishonesty like I had done in the past, I swallowed my medicine and readjusted my world view to incorporate truth the best I could do.

Well, I suspect similar futures for those who are faithful when compared to those who aren't. Life is a luxury, and death is a certainty. Make use of what time you have while you still have it!

Well, if we want to see a wonderful future, I like the zoroastrian mantra of "Good thoughts. Good words. Good deeds." Simple, direct, and easy to remember when things go TU. :D

I'd immediately become skeptical of anyone's promises for the future. Ultimately, if I want a better future, I have to make it happen the best that I can. Waiting for someone to do it for me doesn't yield much results.

Good thoughts, good words and good deeds. One of my favourites also.

You’ve absolutely nailed it.

...What future awaits those who are faithful to Jehovah?...

I think the answer to that is eternal life with God.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

capumetu

Based upon the questions you’ve asked, the way you’ve phrased them, and your religious affiliation, my guess is that you’re not really seeking to expand your knowledge of the diverse opinions people might hold about these issues. I suspect that there is a sales pitch in the wings.

In any event, other than, perhaps, the first question, the questions have no meaning to non-Christians. I’ll let myself out so I don’t hold up the line of those who want to participate.

Thank you sir for your brief comment

capumetu

Why do you think that these questions merit consideration?

I considered them, others have considered them, I put them there for thinking ones to contemplate. Knowing what went wrong and what the future holds is the desires of multitudes of people, however I must concede, not everyone.

capumetu

I certainly appreciate the time you took to answer those questions sir. They were not really questions I wanted answered for myself, but rather thought provoking questions to yield an answer for the reader.

Perhaps on a broad term Christianity may be widely practiced, however Christians make up very little of the population of the planet Mat 7:14

capumetu

I think the answer to that is eternal life with God.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Amen to that sir, you are definitely correct. Do you know what the eternal punishment is?

Amen to that sir, you are definitely correct. Do you know what the eternal punishment is?

Thanks, I believe the eternal punishment is the eternally burning fire lake that is called Gehenna, or hell.

…Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire,
Mark 9:43

It is eternal punishment, because it burns forever.

capumetu

Thanks, I believe the eternal punishment is the eternally burning fire lake that is called Gehenna, or hell.

…Gehenna, into the unquenchable fire,
Mark 9:43

It is eternal punishment, because it burns forever.

Were you aware that the Bible identifies what that is?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I considered them, others have considered them, I put them there for thinking ones to contemplate. Knowing what went wrong and what the future holds is the desires of multitudes of people, however I must concede, not everyone.
You didn't really answer the question.

Here's the problem: you know the expression "religion breaks your leg to sell you a crutch?" You've skipped the first step.

You're trying to sell us on the notion that you have the answer for "man's alienation from God," but you're never going to be successful at this until you appreciate how this comes across to people with other viewpoints.

I mean, I'm over here thinking that God generally is a ridiculous idea that probably doesn't merit serious consideration, but you ask questions that assume not only God's existence, but a whole boatload of the doctrine of your religion? Back up a few steps and read the room.

You're not going to be successful in your proselytizing if your sales pitch only works on people who are already JWs.

capumetu

You didn't really answer the question.
I am very sorry Penguin, it is easy to get lost without the question being repeated. What is the question? I do my best to answer all questions, perhaps you didn't accept my answer, but if you ask again I will be glad to address it.

Here's the problem: you know the expression "religion breaks your leg to sell you a crutch?" You've skipped the first step.

You're trying to sell us on the notion that you have the answer for "man's alienation from God," but you're never going to be successful at this until you appreciate how this comes across to people with other viewpoints.
That is an easy one sir, man became alienated from God with the sin of Adam
I mean, I'm over here thinking that God generally is a ridiculous idea that probably doesn't merit serious consideration, but you ask questions that assume not only God's existence, but a whole boatload of the doctrine of your religion? Back up a few steps and read the room.
I try to ask thought provoking questions. The questions were not really meant to receive an answer, rather get the reader to think about those.
You're not going to be successful in your proselytizing if your sales pitch only works on people who are already JWs.
I plant, others water, but God makes it grow. The choice of worshiping and serving Jehovah is between you and Him. I just am here to assist others in learning about Him.