• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some People Are So Nice

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You do realize the little shrimp is probably going to wind up on someone's plate in some roadside fish house? Right?
More likely, it died in the dark in caustic stomach acid after being swallowed whole by a fish.
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This was a really sweet story but of course all the negative ones have to come out of the woodwork to crap on it. I guess their mothers never taught them that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I personally rescue worms and suchlike when I come across them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What about morteau? Very good for braising pintade with chou frisee (my sister-in-law does that), but I have not tried it in other recipes. Don't think we can get it in in Britain.

Never tried it bbq'd

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I normally evict all 'undesirables' from the house (alive - apart from mosquitos and clothes moths - they sadly get the harshest judgment :oops:) and I try to not harm any living creatures. My worst encounter was inflicting damage on a frog whilst using a strimmer - resulting in my having to kill it. Live and let live is mostly my motto, which is why I don't particularly like zoos:

Monkey tries to break free from zoo by shattering glass with a rock | Metro News

Go brother go! :monkeyface:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I normally evict all 'undesirables' from the house (alive - apart from mosquitos and clothes moths - they sadly get the harshest judgment :oops:) and I try to not harm any living creatures. My worst encounter was inflicting damage on a frog whilst using a strimmer - resulting in my having to kill it. Live and let live is mostly my motto, which is why I don't particularly like zoos:

Monkey tries to break free from zoo by shattering glass with a rock | Metro News

Go brother go! :monkeyface:
Fruballed for introducing me to the word, "strimmer".

BSM1

What? Me worry?
More likely, it died in the dark in caustic stomach acid after being swallowed whole by a fish.
Tom

As life should be. What other higher purpose in life is there for lower life forms to achieve than to be useful to higher life forms. It's not like the shrimp was ever going to discover a cure for childhood leukemia...just sayin'.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I believe it is 'death' in bug-eyed little beasty language. :eek:
Parenthetical aside...
I just bought a strimmer attachment for my Echo power head.
I have a Core electric trimmer, which is great for more civilized
landscapes. But the Echo has much more oomph.