• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some People Are So Nice

rocala

Recently I was staying at a remote house on an island. An elderly couple also came as guests. On the second day the lady of the two said she was going to the beach to collect seashell.

An hour or so later she came back but just as she returned the skies really opened and a terrific storm began. After about ten minutes she came from her room, put on her coat and went out into the elements. She got back after about a quarter of an hour, windswept and dripping with rain.

Somebody asked her what was wrong and she explained that when sorting her shells she found that she had captured a tiny shrimp. She had gone out to return the little creature to the sea.

I was and still am truly moved by her kindness

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Recently I was staying at a remote house on an island. An elderly couple also came as guests. On the second day the lady of the two said she was going to the beach to collect seashell.

An hour or so later she came back but just as she returned the skies really opened and a terrific storm began. After about ten minutes she came from her room, put on her coat and went out into the elements. She got back after about a quarter of an hour, windswept and dripping with rain.

Somebody asked her what was wrong and she explained that when sorting her shells she found that she had captured a tiny shrimp. She had gone out to return the little creature to the sea.

When the kids were younger i did similar. We had driven to the beach for a day out. On the way home there was a scream from the back seat. A crab had crawled out of one of the youngests toys.

I turned the car round and drove the 15 miles back to the beach.

But it wasn't raining ;-)

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Soooo...she risked her husband living without her for a stupid shrimp that was probably dead anyways. There is a fine line between kindness and plain out ridiculousness...just sayin'.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

She has compassion for even the smallest living beings :)

exchemist

Veteran Member
Only if you throw in bacon, black pud, Toulouse sausage, tuna, chicken and a small lettuce leaf.
What about morteau? Very good for braising pintade with chou frisee (my sister-in-law does that), but I have not tried it in other recipes. Don't think we can get it in in Britain.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Sheesh, why is everyone so negative?

I catch spiders and put them outside. If you think
that is stupid,well, go eat spiders. Or something. :D
I do the same.

More controversially, I do the same thing with hibernating queen wasps. I have not the heart to kill them, even though I know one queen means somebody, somewhere gets another wasp's nest next year. They seem so defenceless when they are virtually asleep. One fell out of the curtains last year and I picked her up in my fingers by mistake, thinking she was a screw out of the curtain track (I was not wearing my specs), then realised it was something soft - and then she buzzed, very weakly. So I put her out of the front door to take her chances. Silly, really.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sheesh, why is everyone so negative?

I catch spiders and put them outside. If you think
that is stupid,well, go eat spiders. Or something. :D
But do you go out into the pouring rain, walking for mile after mile
uphill thru snow drifts both ways with nary a stitch of clothing to
fend off mosquitoes the size of badgers? Well, do ya?

Audie

Veteran Member
I do the same.

More controversially, I do the same thing with hibernating queen wasps. I have not the heart to kill them, even though I know one queen means somebody, somewhere gets another wasp's nest next year. They seem so defenceless when they are virtually asleep. One fell out of the curtains last year and I picked her up in my fingers by mistake, thinking she was a screw out of the curtain track (I was not wearing my specs), then realised it was something soft - and then she buzzed, very weakly. So I put her out of the front door to take her chances. Silly, really.

Wasps are really such incredible creatures.

But

One time I got one inside my blouse and I became very sad.

Skwim

Veteran Member

And I bet for dinner that evening she had leg of lamb with mint sauce.

2165241-bigthumbnail.jpg
......+......
LN_751103_BP_11.jpg