• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some chinese question !

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam,

I absolutely love learning new languages... I just can't help it ! It's been chinese for a while, and I'm close to casual conversation with it.
So, I would like to train speaking with a lady we're familar with, in a chinese restaurant... But I'm unsure what would be the proper/polite way to order something.

Basically I'm stuck with two choices:

1) 请给我一盘饺子
(Qin gei wo yi pan jiaozi)

2) 请我要一盘饺子
(Qin wo yao yi pan jiaozi)

Which one is the most proper/polite way ? Is Is there another way to ask for something that is more proper ?

Thank you ! O/

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Vanakkam,

I absolutely love learning new languages... I just can't help it ! It's been chinese for a while, and I'm close to casual conversation with it.
So, I would like to train speaking with a lady we're familar with, in a chinese restaurant... But I'm unsure what would be the proper/polite way to order something.

1) 请给我一盘饺子

2) 请我要一盘饺子

Which one is the most proper/polite way ? Is Is there another way to ask for something that is more proper ?

Thank you ! O/
@Wu Wei or @audi could be useful.
I have no clue which (if either) is right.
I'd guess #2 from what I've heard in restaurants.
Dining alone?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Vanakkam,

1) 请给我一盘饺子

2) 请我要一盘饺子

Thank you ! O/

饺子请
Jiǎozi qǐng

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam

I like this less formal simple use of Chinese.

It's the best with chinese... And yet the most difficult thing.

French language/culture is overly polite and not applying this politeness in speech is seen as rude... But Chinese ? It's not about being rude it's just about getting straight to the point and nothing else.

I feel like I'm being rude when speaking chinese x'D it's hard to let go of that Idea !