• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Some believer told you: "You'll go to hell if you don't adhere to my God X." How will you response?

Pudding

Some believer told you: "You'll go to hell if you don't adhere to my God X."
Assume you don't believe in God X.
How will you response?

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It depends on how much right to be heard the believer had earned from me previously.

If I had never met him and I felt playful at the time, I might try "Oh, did not God X tell you? He works for me. Practical joke, you know."

More frequently I would offer "Wait, so you are saying that your God is unfair and undeserving of any attention, let alone belief or worship? Really?"

HonestJoe

Some believer told you: "You'll go to hell if you don't adhere to my God X."
Assume you don't believe in God X.
How will you response?
You mean how do I respond. :) That kind of statement is made or implied all the time.

It depends entirely on the environment, circumstances and my relationship with the person. Usually I’ll just ignore them – their believing that doesn’t affect me either way. I might politely point that out – I don’t believe that, we’ll just have to agree to differ. Sometimes I might ask them why they believe that and challenge the position – I can’t just choose to believe in a god, why yours over all the others etc. – which usually boils down to the second option anyway (though hopefully at least expanding the individual’s understanding of alternative opinions).

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
More than one Muslim has told me that face-to-face, albeit in a well-intentioned manner because they were afraid that I would be tortured in the afterlife. I smiled and said, "Don't worry. I'm not afraid, and neither should you be."

And what I said to myself: "I'm relieved I don't believe in that kind of dogma anymore."

Mr. Beebe

How will you response?

Somehow,, man has decided that if he doesn't believe in the God of the Bible,, he is free to make-up other gods of his choosing and worship them and face no vengeance of the God of the Bible. Somehow,, these same men have deluded themselves into believing they don't have to answer to the God of the Bible because they have rejected Him. This is nothing more than a self-delusion.

All the people,, no matter what silly name they give themselves that defines their religious beliefs,, will answer to the God of the Bible.

In fact,, all these other false beliefs, are nothing more than a form of Rebellion against the Creator of heaven and earth, and the seas and all that in them is.

But,, some will not listen to those who hold the Truth. They will hate to see Jesus coming... That's why the Bible says all the tribes of the earth shall mourn when they see the sign of the Son of man appearing in the heavens (Matthew 24:30). Why will they mourn? Because they all have heard the warning,, and they all rejected it,,and then, when they see the sign in heaven growing brighter and yet brighter,, they will mourn,, because they finally realize that all their plans and hopes have come to an end. The Bible says God will cut them off. But,, they won't believe it, til it happens. Just like those in Noah's day. They laughed and mocked at Noah for 120 years,,, all the way up,, til it began to rain. Their fate was sealed and they knew it not. So shall it be in the last days for those who reject the God of the Bible.

prometheus11

Somehow,, man has decided that if he doesn't believe in the God of the Bible,, he is free to make-up other gods of his choosing and worship them and face no vengeance of the God of the Bible. Somehow,, these same men have deluded themselves into believing they don't have to answer to the God of the Bible because they have rejected Him. This is nothing more than a self-delusion.

All the people,, no matter what silly name they give themselves that defines their religious beliefs,, will answer to the God of the Bible.

In fact,, all these other false beliefs, are nothing more than a form of Rebellion against the Creator of heaven and earth, and the seas and all that in them is.

But,, some will not listen to those who hold the Truth. They will hate to see Jesus coming... That's why the Bible says all the tribes of the earth shall mourn when they see the sign of the Son of man appearing in the heavens (Matthew 24:30). Why will they mourn? Because they all have heard the warning,, and they all rejected it,,and then, when they see the sign in heaven growing brighter and yet brighter,, they will mourn,, because they finally realize that all their plans and hopes have come to an end. The Bible says God will cut them off. But,, they won't believe it, til it happens. Just like those in Noah's day. They laughed and mocked at Noah for 120 years,,, all the way up,, til it began to rain. Their fate was sealed and they knew it not. So shall it be in the last days for those who reject the God of the Bible.

I didn't know preaching was allowed, here.

Mr. Beebe

I didn't know preaching was allowed, here.

And you would have me deny my Savior? Hardly. People like you, will always form rules to outlaw the God of the Bible.

If God moved me to say it,, what am i to do,,, deny Him and reject Him,, like you? I think not........

Why call this site "Religious Forums" if you have a muzzle on the Bible and it's teachings?

Seems a little contradictory. But none the less,, you heard,, and maybe the message was for you to hear.

prometheus11

And you would have me deny my Savior? Hardly. People like you, will always form rules to outlaw the God of the Bible.

If God moved me to say it,, what am i to do,,, deny Him and reject Him,, like you? I think not........

Why call this site "Religious Forums" if you have a muzzle on the Bible and it's teachings?

Seems a little contradictory. But none the less,, you heard,, and maybe the message was for you to hear.

I don't make any rules.

Not preaching isn't denial.

And maybe you can peach here. Maybe I am assuming incorrectly. But I thought the forums were for discussion and debate.

I don't "deny and reject" any gods at all. I simply don't maintain a belief in any of them.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
My response? If someone actually said that to my face (which has never happened)?

I'm not sure I'd say anything beyond non-verbal communication along the lines of the following:

CC4106.jpg

Possibly followed by "that was really rude" and "go away," which I wager the above expression might also convey.

David1967

Premium Member
Ive actually had that happen. Once by a Church of Christ, Once by an Apostolic Pentecostal and once by a Muslim. How did I react? I didn't. A reaction is what most who say such are looking for. A reaction is an invitation to them to argue. When I was younger I would take the bait. Now? I love to discuss different religious views with people, but if they start the conversation like that, it seldom goes in a constructive direction.

Kelly of the Phoenix

"Yeah, Satan's kinda boring me now. I'm looking into different afterlifes for better entertainment value. Satan's just a guy who watched too many horror movies."

I don't worship "the God of the bible". My God isn't trapped in the pages of a book. I worship God.

They didn't laugh (and this is me just being facetious) because they didn't believe Noah. They laughed because a drunkard was chosen as the most righteous, didn't stock the boat properly (maybe we should send him snacks), and ends up cursing an entire segment of his bloodline post-Flood because he himself decided to go on a naked drunken bender. They were laughing because God set such a low standard for righteousness that they were better off if that level of incompetence was all they had to look forward to.