• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solution to homosexuals is by government executions according to Pastor.

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
I agree with that, but I think it is possible to guide it to direction that is not good for the person.
Don't think you're an authority on what is good for a person, especially based on some ridiculous notion that gay people don't know love. My trans lesbian friend is so loving, I wish I could have 25% of the love he shows for people, yet you treat them like an abomination because they're attracted to the same sex AND are trans. Heaven forbid they were nonbinary, your head might explode!

samtonga43

Don't think you're an authority on what is good for a person, especially based on some ridiculous notion that gay people don't know love. My trans lesbian friend is so loving, I wish I could have 25% of the love he shows for people, yet you treat them like an abomination because they're attracted to the same sex AND are trans. Heaven forbid they were nonbinary, your head might explode!
Hi!
I hope you don't mind me asking you about 'trans lesbian'. What does this mean?

What do you mean with "treat them like an abomination"?

How can one be trans, if nowadays people can't even define what a woman is?

F1fan

Veteran Member
What do you mean with "treat them like an abomination"?

We can define what a woman is, and it is many things. But regardless of how gender is defined these descriptions do not satisfy all people. Do you think we humans don't have the freedom to feel and express ourselves in a way that is comfortable?

Is it difficult for you to allow others freedom and tolerate them as different? Or is it easier to point a finger?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Of course there is a difference, "supposedly" implies lack of evidence, "obvious" is evidence based.
How could you equate these 2 things?
I'm guessing she understands the relevance is that you created a negative stereotype for a massive demographic, just because you perceived someone else did it for Christians. So whether they did or not, is less relevant than the fact it doesn't justify resorting to petty bigotry in response.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

Transphobes love to use this argument. We can define what a woman is. In fact, it's much better defined, since we no longer define a woman by her reproductive organs and her so-called "femininity" which is all cultural anyway.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
I'm guessing she understands the relevance is that you created a negative stereotype for a massive demographic, just because you perceived someone else did it for Christians. So whether they did or not, is less relevant than the fact it doesn't justify resorting to petty bigotry in response.
What respect should there be for negative generalization?

since we no longer define a woman by her reproductive organs and her so-called "femininity" which is all cultural anyway.
nonsense beyond all reason.
and who is "we" exactly?

Sheldon

Veteran Member
No, like I said I'm stereotyping because it's a language that stereotyping people understand the best,
they understand it because that's what they do and have experience with and I want just like anyone else to be understood.

That's a very poor reason to resort to homophobic bigotry, and prejudice. Also a person is born straight or gay, whereas they are not born with any religious beliefs.

What would be rational behavior then?
What do you think would be better?

To challenge bigotry, and not join in.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Sheldon said:
What respect should there be for negative generalization?

Your question has no relevance to my post?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
In fact, it's empowering to know I am not defined by my reproductive organs.
lol, the only thing empowering is to have a good laugh at ill person who thinks he's woman and vice versa.

We is anyone who agrees with the transgender movement. Including me.
And what pronoun do you use then for those who don't agree with "transgender movement"?

To challenge bigotry, and not join in.
and how would you challenge it?

Your question has no relevance to my post?
Just answer the question, it won't bite you :)

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I don't have a grasp with English? or you?

The article says:

Which portion of the video confirms this? please use (@minute:second format) to see if you understand English.

Go ahead I'm waiting.

1:20, the pastor indulges in homophobic hate speech, and says "god has already ruled that ......and homosexuality are crimes worthy of capital punishment".

Sheldon

Veteran Member
You are raving. Do you not recognize your own cognitive dissonance? You decry how Trump demonizes “other” types and then you demonize him as an “other”. Sorry, but you are deluded to invest Trump as the sum of all evil. Get over your irrationality about Trump.
More than any other politician in recent memory Trump indulged in fear mongering rhetoric and racist hate speech, politics aside, this is simply a fact. He demonised huge demographics to appeal to the lowest common denominator, it's not new of course, but it is pathetic and dangerous. This is without the fact he invoked a seditious rioting mob to attack the capitol to try and prevent the legal transference of democratic power, after publicly swearing to uphold the constitution.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I agree with that, but I think it is possible to guide it to direction that is not good for the person.

You're saying you could be "guided" to find the same gender sexually attractive? As I know I could not, and I know that gay people cannot be guided to not find the same gender sexually attractive, so this claim is very edifying.

Sheldon

Veteran Member

Utter BS...from your own link

"But there are still many uncertainties, and communication is fraught because of the risk of stigmatizing MSM—and because communicating frankly about sexual behavior is hard. “I think we have to talk more about sex,” says Yale School of Public Health epidemiologist and former HIV activist Gregg Gonsalves. “Everybody has been very clear about stigma, and saying it over and over again. The point is that you still have to address the risk of infection in our community.”"

Yet having cited the link, you ignored what it says about using bigotry to stigmatise people. More pregnant woman die in childbirth than by any other cause, by your rationale this means women shouldn't get pregnant, or at least avoid giving birth.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
To have a laugh at funny things doesn't mean phobia, it means something is funny and it's a natural thing for human beings.

It would be, if it was funny. But it's not funny. People end up unaliving themselves because of rhetoric peddled by people like you. Do you think suicide is funny? Do you think depression and self-loathing are funny?