• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solution to homosexuals is by government executions according to Pastor.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
pastor is correct though in saying that pride is evil.
it's not even about God or the bible, fact is that pride is antisocial behavior.
What utter nonsense. Pride is generally innocuous, hate speech is not. Funny how this pastor saw nothing wrong in the "proud to be American" rhetoric Trump and his followers peddled? I am proud of all sorts of things, there's nothing wrong with pride. Arrogance is perhaps a less attractive human trait, and the sheer arrogance of claiming people must live or even die by their subjective superstitious beliefs is again manifest, in the moronic pernicious drivel this idiot pastor is espousing.

It's bizarre that some apologists on here, can condemn reasoned arguments in favour of rationalism as fundamentalism, yet remain reticent when fellow apologists espouse hate speech, and try to stab those advocating free expression to death. The irony is palpable. Even the antichoicers who daily wail in fake dismay at the prospect of a clump of insentient cells being terminated, seem to be indifferent to real suffering, and arguments from their brethren to murder fully sentient human beings who just happen to have been born gay, and who harm no one, and only want to celebrate that they deserve to be as proud of who they are, as any straight person.

The mind boggles, it really does.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
In the USA, though not elsewhere, yes it seems there is. And you know why? Trump.

It is Trump who has given his supporters licence to indulge in and express hatreds that in the past people were encouraged to be civilised enough to repress and repudiate. Trump himself radiates hatred, seeking to use every issue to sow division and get one half of the country hating the other half. This, I'm sorry to say, is a large part of his appeal. People feel liberated that Trump creates a climate in which is it OK to hate the blacks, it is OK to hate the "elites" (a.k.a people with more knowledge or education than yourself), it is OK to hate the homosexuals, it is OK to hate the Mexicans, etc, etc.

This is the key to Trump's genius as a politician: you can find "other" types of people to blame, for whatever predicament you find yourself in......and then you can find relief in hating them and expressing that hatred in public - or he'll do it on your behalf.

This kind of appeal has been used before. In 1930s Germany, for example.

Ironically it's hard to imagine a prouder more arrogant preening peacock than Trump.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
To be fair, I have a *lot* of straight male friends who like to dress up in women's clothing. It's actually a pretty big thing--A lot of drag queens are straight.
That's part of my point
It's legit a stereotyping thing he doing. Another part is even if he werent the reason a lot of straight men don't act feminine is cultural conditioning. They are afraid of being seen as sissy and as gay and as feminine. It's a patriarchy thing. Gay men are more likely to act feminine maybe cuz the gay community is more ok with it but even in gay communities some men are put down for it cuz again patriarchy. I reckon gay men who act femme do so the same reasons that some straight men act femme cuz they want to or cuz it comes naturally for them. But both gay and straight men are judged for it.

Then there's the fact feminine and masculine are subjective and change through culture and time.

As a nonbinary person i see both sides to men and women the stereotypes the pressures we put on each other to conform to gender stereotypes. I've experienced both pressures. It's strange to me how we confine ourselves to boxes men women nonbinary and other folk should be able to act as femme or masc as they like without judgement.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Is this an attempt at a joke or do you actually believe this? It has to be a joke.
no it's not joke, I've seen a lot of such male gays who act visibly girlish.

You've probably past tons of gay men and didnt even notice.
that's possible, not all are same.

The better question to me is why don't straight men act more feminine?
I don't know, probably because they would feel like idiots, at least that's how I would feel.
sorry, I can't imagine to act girlish.

What utter nonsense. Pride is generally innocuous, hate speech is not. Funny how this pastor saw nothing wrong in the "proud to be American" rhetoric Trump and his followers peddled? I am proud of all sorts of things, there's nothing wrong with pride. Arrogance is perhaps a less attractive human trait, and the sheer arrogance of claiming people must live or even die by their subjective superstitious beliefs is again manifest, in the moronic pernicious drivel this idiot pastor is espousing.

It's bizarre that some apologists on here, can condemn reasoned arguments in favour of rationalism as fundamentalism, yet remain reticent when fellow apologists espouse hate speech, and try to stab those advocating free expression to death. The irony is palpable. Even the antichoicers who daily wail in fake dismay at the prospect of a clump of insentient cells being terminated, seem to be indifferent to real suffering, and arguments from their brethren to murder fully sentient human beings who just happen to have been born gay, and who harm no one, and only want to celebrate that they deserve to be as proud of who they are, as any straight person.

The mind boggles, it really does.
I've explained what I mean by "pride" in my post #18

Sheldon

Veteran Member
you see, it's really odd, because lesbians don't seem to dress like men or talking like men.
it looks that's specific to males.

I just can't grasp why.

You are spectacularly wrong again. This is K D Lang, she's a pretty famous singer, and happens to also be a gay woman.

portrait-of-musician-kd-lang-chicago-illinois-august-6-1989-picture-id481632557

VoidCat

I don't know, probably because they would feel like idiots, at least that's how I would feel.
sorry, I can't imagine to act girlish
See post 108.
Maybe you really don't see what I see when I am seen as male and when I am seen as female. Maybe you dont see just how different we treat men and women and just how constrictive gender roles are and how damaging that is.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
@RayofLight
@Kharisym
@Terrywoodenpic

I always wondered why do gay people dress and talk like girls? and even take a makeup etc.
I mean, I can understand that there is same sex attraction, but why being girlish?

If they feel feminine why not?

One particular friend of mine left Ireland because of the prejudice (and beatings) he received in his home country (though apparently it's much better 30 years on)
He moved to England (Blackpool, one of the most gay friendly towns in the UK).

Some time later we met and became very good friends (since we moved to france he visits quite regularly)

He is physically all male but he feels he should have been born a female.

He is often seen riding his Harley in full makeup and high heels. It's when he feels most comfortable... Would you deny him that?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
@RayofLight
@Kharisym
@Terrywoodenpic

I always wondered why do gay people dress and talk like girls? and even take a makeup etc.
I mean, I can understand that there is same sex attraction, but why being girlish?

Im bisexual and I'm not girlish?

Makeup is for men and women, not just women. I look good in eyeliner, even my wife thinks so.

Not all gay people talk with the stereotypical campy, girly, lisp. Very few do that I've ever encountered.

VoidCat

Im bisexual and I'm not girlish?

Makeup is for men and women, not just women. I look good in eyeliner, even my wife thinks so.

Not all gay people talk with the stereotypical campy, girly, lisp. Very few do that I've ever encountered.
I've noticed many of the things folk see as feminine in gay men actually are similar to autistic traits and aren't actually femme. Such as the stereotypical limp wrist. Which doesn't surprise me as autistics are more likely to identify as lgbt

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
you see, it's really odd, because lesbians don't seem to dress like men or talking like men.
it looks that's specific to males.

I just can't grasp why.

Really?
I'm not a kind of anti-gay person who denies what someone does or insult someone or let alone beat someone, I simply peacefully avoid gay company because their narrative irritates me.

Ok. It also explains a lot of why you know so little of gay people