• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solstice/Equinox Tracking

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hey there Pagan friends. I've always been a fan of celebrating the Wheel of the Year during the actual astronomical positioning of the stars. The website I've been using to track it for years though, is now defunct.

Does anyone have any good apps, websites, or anything else that helps track the astrological position of the Wheel?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I know the one you're probably talking about. Went on the same search. Found my solution. It's an astrology app called Time Nomad (https://www.reddit.com/r/TimeNomad/). In conjunction with some of the other solar/lunar stuff I have it gets me what I need, albeit with a bit more work than I'd like.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
I tried at one point of time to track everything astrologically, but it ended up being a massive effort for my brain. So I just put everything on the 21st in Observation lol

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Awww... There is no Android version of TimeNomad.

There are also astrology websites that can calculate 15º of the fixed sign of the season. I found one but can't remember what it was called since I found this app instead that makes it easier to localize the data. You basically just need to find one that shows the progression of Sun across the zodiac. The cross-quarters are what are hard to factor. Solstice/equinox info is easy to find on NOAA and many other places.

ChieftheCef

I know the one you're probably talking about. Went on the same search. Found my solution. It's an astrology app called Time Nomad (Reddit - Dive into anything). In conjunction with some of the other solar/lunar stuff I have it gets me what I need, albeit with a bit more work than I'd like.
SHould we change the days of the SOlstice to match the new spring times of our areas? I'm in the North East of the U.S. Our summer lasts until around late Novemeber, maybe Decemeber this year. Our Spring begins much earlier than it used to and last much longer. We're becoming a jungle.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
SHould we change the days of the SOlstice to match the new spring times of our areas? I'm in the North East of the U.S. Our summer lasts until around late Novemeber, maybe Decemeber this year. Our Spring begins much earlier than it used to and last much longer. We're becoming a jungle.
Hmm... solstices and equinoxes are astronomical phenomena and astronomically determined, as are the cross-quarter dates if they are calculated using that same notion. They aren't determined by chronobiological phenomena like phenology; rather chronobiological phenomena are impacted by these astronomical events. So the solstices and equinoxes don't move around because of what biology is doing on planet earth, if that makes sense. However, our celebrations and relationships with the gods can absolutely be impacted by this. What Winter Solstice looks like in one part of this world is not the same as what it looks like elsewhere and I'm definitely a big proponent of tailoring these festivals to your ecoregion. Do that myself.