• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Solomon Islands set to ban Facebook in the name of 'national unity'

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
What is the cost of email in data useage?

My concern is cost, what is the cheapest. Therin is the answer.

Is FB the cheapest, I honestly do not know, but either it is, or it has the market share needed to speak to friends around the world.

The issue is the way we choose to use it.

Personally I have deleted FB 3 times, I dislike the money grabbing purpose. The I come back as I miss my SI friends.

Regards Tony
Most email is free. Data usage is between you and your ISP or phone service.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What is the cost of email in data useage?
Minimal. E-mail is one of the oldest services, it went well on a dial-up modem. (About 4k for a DIN A4 page, on FB or RF, transmitting your avatar is usually more data than your text.) The same goes for old text-only messaging systems like ICQ.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Most email is free. Data usage is between you and your ISP or phone service.

Data is very expensive in SI for the local population.

I wonder how much data is used by the receiver of a FB messenger video call?

I always try to call friends when they are on WiFi at Baha'i Centre that has a plan that covers some usage.

Regards Tony

Heyo

Veteran Member
Data is very expensive in SI for the local population.

I wonder how much data is used by the receiver of a FB messenger video call?

I always try to call friends when they are on WiFi at Baha'i Centre that has a plan that covers some usage.

Regards Tony
Video is probably the most data extensive method of communication. You could send a books worth of text only for one minute of video.