• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Software Feedback Thread

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
New forums or New Threads? I just started a thread. Nothing too controversial, merely interesting. But without a new threads list it is likely to get lost before too long since it is not apt to get all that many comments floating it back to the top.
My bad, threads, i edited it, thanks

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
That issue is being worked on. If it's too much of an issue for you in the interim, you can switch to the default style by going to your profile and selecting preferences, and the top choice is the style you wish to use.

When you hover over the faces, it tells you what each means: like, love, haha, wow, sad, and angry.

I miss "informative" and "friendly"
Also I prefer seeing a list of the latest threads vs the latest posts. It is easy for a recent thread to disappear if no one has responded to it in the last hour or so.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Also I prefer seeing a list of the latest threads vs the latest posts. It is easy for a recent thread to disappear if no one has responded to it in the last hour or so.
I use the "Watched -> Watched threads" and "New posts" with filter "Unread threads" now. The later is still cluttered with old threads I never was interested in or stopped watching but with an average of 3 pages it's easy enough to skip through. I can live with it for now.

I still want my earned frubals back!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We're working with the owners on getting these preferences back.

I spent many years hacking, er, supporting complex software including IBM Websphere/Sun web servers etc Currently in my retirement I work on LInux/Windows boxes, manage web servers etc. You could tell the owners that I work really cheap, no more than 10,000 frubals to get pieces of the system back up again. I even manage a ticketing system which uses PHP so this looks sweet to me. Config.php options - XenForo 2 Manual

Heyo

Veteran Member
I spent many years hacking, er, supporting complex software including IBM Websphere/Sun web servers etc Currently in my retirement I work on LInux/Windows boxes, manage web servers etc. You could tell the owners that I work really cheap, no more than 10,000 frubals to get pieces of the system back up again. I even manage a ticketing system which uses PHP so this looks sweet to me. Config.php options - XenForo 2 Manual
adding-manpower-to-a-late-software-project-makes-it-later-quote-1.jpg

Knowing that, I'm reluctant to offer help. But if it is really needed, I can dust up my database knowledge, e.g. to help with a filter that shows only new threads.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Hi, all!

As we have all noticed, the forum software has been updated. This update is still ongoing, and new features may still be added. The tech people are not done yet with the work.

Please list any and all issues, feedback, and bug reports you may have. Everything you say here may help with the update and improve forum functionality.

Thank you!

Hi, it has been a while since I have received email alerts of replies to my posts. This is an issue but I have learned to use the Alerts function at the top of the screen. (Bell symbol).
My main concern is that I can read a reply to a post of mine in the Alerts and make sure it is marked as unread in the Alerts, so that I can come back and deal with an answer at a later time. I then exit the Alerts and come back to find that the Alert I had marked as "unread" is now marked as "read" and/or the Alert has disappeared from the list of Alerts, making it difficult to find, especially if I am not sure which thread it was in.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Hi, it has been a while since I have received email alerts of replies to my posts. This is an issue but I have learned to use the Alerts function at the top of the screen. (Bell symbol).
My main concern is that I can read a reply to a post of mine in the Alerts and make sure it is marked as unread in the Alerts, so that I can come back and deal with an answer at a later time. I then exit the Alerts and come back to find that the Alert I had marked as "unread" is now marked as "read" and/or the Alert has disappeared from the list of Alerts, making it difficult to find, especially if I am not sure which thread it was in.
I always go to "Watched -> Watched threads" and look up which posts had been replied to (but don't follow the link). Then I open the thread in context.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I always go to "Watched -> Watched threads" and look up which posts had been replied to (but don't follow the link). Then I open the thread in context.

Yes thanks for that. I used to do something like that before the forum change. I still had issues with losing things and thought that this new Alert system would work better because I could mark something as "unread" after looking at it, and it is a bit better like that but the "unread" does not seem to last forever and the Alert about that "unread"(or at least unanswered) post disappears off the bottom.
Thanks for telling me where to find the "watched threads" I will try a combination of things to see which works best.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Don't forget to enable our viewing our demerits.
This is necessary to know the expiration schedule,
so we know when to stop walking on eggs around
jailers so anxious to put us in solitary confinement.
Maybe all of our warnings expire at the same time. One goes they all go. Dang! Where is that "Optimistic" frubal.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Two weeks into the new software and the number of major issues fixed is -1 (loss of ability to change skin). But don't worry, all will be well "real soon now". And if there's any question about the technical meaning of "real soon now"

View attachment 73536
The alternative would have been a full site crash. Would that have been better? Where would you have posted this incredibly helpful quote?