• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Software Feedback Thread

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can see it on @Test Puppet, which has the permissions of a regular account:

Ab1av62.jpg
Interesting....
It's different in forums from what it is in <New Posts>.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Let me try: :):D Still on the same line. I'm trying to replicate what you're describing but haven't been able to. I'm on an Android phone, for further info.

The first seven threads are stickied, which means they will stay at the top regardless of the ordering filter.

Oh, noting sticky threads on the display was lost as well with the next software - I had not realized that. Sigh

As far as emojis, go, on Windows using Firefox, enter an emoji then another one then try to put text after both. It might be a browser bug. When I manually adjust the two cools to be on the same line a right arrow on my keyboard does not move the cursor past the 2nd one

:cool: :cool:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
We need a cruise ship, not a sinking boat lol
Cruise ships are too flashy. Sinking boats, too wet.

We're going rubber ducky here!

ducky062way-4bd453a4ade1d0f971e97598b78a44b5cc7b760a-s1100-c50.jpg

In all seriousness, the old software was broken. To keep it would have been the end of the forum. I know the inconveniences of the changes can be obnoxious, and I don't think there's anyone who doesn't miss the 'new threads' widget, but its being worked on.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Or made to walk the plank.
ARRRRR! dis froum needs be pirate themed, ye scurvy dogs! Keel haul dem dat won't give us dem doubloons, I mean da 'new threads'
(or, seriously, let us ignore sub-forums that are unimportant to us or downright forbidden by the rules)

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Also, doesn't anyone else miss the Religion label? I mean, if there's a 'Same Faith Debate' goin on, how the hell is anyone supposed to know it's real?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Also, doesn't anyone else miss the Religion label? I mean, if there's a 'Same Faith Debate' goin on, how the hell is anyone supposed to know it's real?
I am sure that it annoys the Christians that support the sciences. Others keep accusing them of being "atheists".

On another XenForo forum I'm on, which not long ago underwent the same upgrade, there is a place where the person's faith appears. It's probably just a matter of activating it at the administrative level.

It might be trickier here because the advantage to this forum up to this point, on that front, is that one's faith-label was an editable field where people could change it to anything they wanted - or leave it blank - without having to submit a ticket to have it switched to one of a list of predetermined labels. I hope that flexibility remains on this site; spirituality is a fluid, ever-evolving thing, so such flexibility is appreciated.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Any ideas as to a target date for completion?

A few of gripes previously mentioned often enough.

I would appreciate the ability to change the theme back to RF. Apart from the light grey on white it was much better on the eyes than tha gaudy xenforo theme i am stuck in at the moment.

New threads list is a must. I know I'm not as engaged in RF as much because of it's lack and i assume others are the same.

The frubals/reacts. Quoting a post and typing W.F I.F. U.F etc works but is not the answer

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Any ideas as to a target date for completion?

A few of gripes previously mentioned often enough.

I would appreciate the ability to change the theme back to RF. Apart from the light grey on white it was much better on the eyes than tha gaudy xenforo theme i am stuck in at the moment.

New forums list is a must. I know I'm not as engaged in RF as much because of it's lack and i assume others are the same.

The frubals/reacts. Quoting a post and typing W.F I.F. U.F etc works but is not the answer
New forums or New Threads? I just started a thread. Nothing too controversial, merely interesting. But without a new threads list it is likely to get lost before too long since it is not apt to get all that many comments floating it back to the top.