• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Society Without Police?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Observe the pervasive current events with police. Surely you don't forgive them.

No. Recognizing the current problems with law enforcement does not require one to believe the only solution to those problems is completely abolishing all police departments.

No. Recognizing the current problems with law enforcement does not require one to believe the only solution to those problems is completely abolishing all police departments.
Truly recognising the atrocities at hand would optimally require you to consider drastic measures by now. If logic dictates.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Truly recognising the atrocities at hand would optimally require you to consider drastic measures by now. If logic dictates.

As we've seen 6 pages into this discussion, logic seems to dictate that we require some sort of police force in order to maintain important services to modern communities. No doubt large reforms seem necessary to improve American policing.

As we've seen 6 pages into this discussion, logic seems to dictate that we require some sort of police force in order to maintain important services to modern communities. No doubt large reforms seem necessary to improve American policing.
Improve? You mean further militarise. It's clear beyond day you'll perpetuate ancient mechanisms, but of what personal worth is it to you to be vigilant for what clearly decays?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Improve? You mean further militarise.

No, that isn't at all what I mean.

It's clear beyond day you'll perpetuate ancient mechanisms, but of what personal worth is it to you to be vigilant for what clearly decays?

It's clear beyond day that you don't actually know me or have a clue what my values are.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm sorry to say it rings of Orwellian style communism to me. So we'd all be snitching on each other?
That's how Jews were rounded up in Nazi Germany.

Snitch on your neighbor.

I hate to use Godwin here but it's fitting I think.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Isn't that pretty much how law enforcement works in the U.S. already? Every time there's a crime reported in the news, there's always the statement: "Police are asking if anyone knows about this to contact the police department." There's a local number that people can call to anonymously report crimes. Not to mention the crimes solved with the help of police informants.
I think in cases that's good policy, yet like all good things, there's potential for abuses.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think in cases that's good policy, yet like all good things, there's potential for abuses.

I can see that, although I was mainly addressing the idea that "snitching" is some kind of Orwellian idea which implies that it only exists in totalitarian societies.