• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sobriety Proverbs

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Today is a day where I have no energy but did go to apply for a job at the Dollar tree.

However, I have no energy so have been very tempted to relapse on a stimulant, because they miraculously can cause euphoria and lots of energy.

My proverb to counter that is:
Better to be tired and have no energy ,
than full of energy and high,
Especially when it's a probation violation.

Anyone else have a proverb, (words of wisdom) that comes to mind to promote sobriety?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not mine but very poignant

There is no person walking the face of the earth who demonstrates more courage, dignity, honesty and integrity than an addict in recovery.

And another

Recovery is hard
Regret is harder

Road Less Traveled

Energy at rest can be better than energy in motion in an enclosed system, and vice versa. Discerning when and where to use that energy effectively and when to keep it at rest, preserving it and when and where not to waste it is key. In the case of self-restraint/sobriety from a stimulant, exhaust as much energy as it takes to fight and deny. If little energy, sometimes we have to muster up additional courage and force ourselves up into healthy activity. A small seed of energy can give birth to more and more energy.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It's never too late to be what you think you could have been.
I sure do that a lot. Were it not for drugs I might be a Doctor like my Mother, older brother, and younger sister. Instead I'm a bum. :(

Meh! I'll rise from it more powerful than had I not been a prodigal black sheep. A late bloomer perhaps, but if I stay sober, there is something great in store. Greater than this for sure! I'm sure I could offer help to junkies having experienced what it's like to be powerless over an addiction.