• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soaps, Shampoos, Detergents

Topanga

What type of soap do you use for washing your hands, washing dishes, and laundry, and what type of shampoo do you use?
As well, do you use liquid soap or bar soap for washing hands?
How about laundry detergent? Liquid or powder? :)

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
For baths I use a special soap the gypsies made so I never have to shave or wax. (In Islam, at least in Bosnia, it is forbidden for men or women to have any hair below the neck).

For washing my hands, I use a solid bar of soap. I buy the vanilla-scented ones. For my hair I use eggs, mayonaise and sand mixed together, and then just wash it off with water.

ayani

i ::love:: dove's cucumber extract soap. it's smooth and lathers nicely, and smells good.

just about any shampoo is good for me- i don't have a whole lot of hair. :)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I use a Nagchampa scented soap bar. I'm going to have to figure out how to make laundry detergent, so I can make one that is Nagchampa scented.
After working on a car, engine, or anything really dirty, I have found nothing that works better than dipping your hands in unleaded gasoline. It will take off anything.
(In Islam, at least in Bosnia, it is forbidden for men or women to have any hair below the neck).
I'd hate having to shave my enitre body, even once. Couldn't imagine that everyday.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Yes, shaving just makes the hair come back darker and stronger. Waxing and cremes gradually make it fade away. My hair is jet black, but if I didn't use the creme for 6 months the hairs that grow elsewhere would be so thin, small, and blonde that you'd need to look from a certain angle with light to even know they were there.

That's one thing I've never understood about women who shave, and there are many here as well as in the West. Cremes, people. lol

syoonsh

I live in Toronto right now, and I have difficulties finding bathroom supplies made from Korea in Toronto. So I mostly order from Internet.

For soap, I use ORIPAN. Formulas for this soap is 99.9% natural integrients made from orient herbal. You will not need deodrant or any other product. I use this soap daily for my shower. (http://www.oripan.com)

As for shampoo, I use a Korean shampoo from SOMANG COSMETICS. (http://www.somangcos.com/).

For detergent, I use a Korean detergent called "PERFECT" it is from AEKYUNG company This company is huge as like almost size as big as SAMSUNG(note that SAMSUNG is a Korean company). (http://www.aekyung.co.kr/eng/index.html)

Booko

Deviled Hen
Luke Wolf said:
After working on a car, engine, or anything really dirty, I have found nothing that works better than dipping your hands in unleaded gasoline. It will take off anything.

:eek:

Uh, LW, the stuff also soaks into your pores and is toxic.

Try a bar of Lava soap, will you? It's safer.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Topanga said:
What type of soap do you use for washing your hands, washing dishes, and laundry, and what type of shampoo do you use?
As well, do you use liquid soap or bar soap for washing hands?
How about laundry detergent? Liquid or powder? :)

I have to be a little careful about soaps and lotions, on account of the dairy allergy. Cracker Barrel makes a great goat's milk hand lotion, but I'm allergic to goat's milk, so can't use it. My business partner is allergic to wheat and soy, so she *really* has to be careful what she uses. She buys all her stuff at health food stores, where she can be more sure what's in it.

I use castile soap for my hands. (NO anti-bacterial to breed more superbugs!) I use Palmolive in the kitchen for hand-washed dishes, and put that in the soap dispenser there for hand washing.

I use a variety of shampoos for my hair. It's not too good to use the same thing on it all the time. In hot weather, if my scalp feels itchy from too much gardening in our damp hot summers, I follow up the shampooing with a dilute apple cider vinegar rinse. It also puts a little red in your color. ;) My daugher sometimes uses Sea Breeze for a rinse, now that they took out the benzoyl peroxide.

For hand lotion, I use "Chamberlain's" which is an old-timey alcohol based product made as it was more than a century ago. This is really good for gardening, because it may sting like heck for a moment when you put it on if there are any small cuts from the pruning or weed-pulling, but by the next morning everything is completely healed. The last time I saw some was years ago in the Amish country in southern Illinois at a pharmacy, and I bought the 3 bottles they had. I gave one to my mother. We haven't finished them off yet, and that was at least 10 years ago.

I hardly need lotion, though. Like many Scandanavians, I take a tonic in the morning that includes an oil. If you put it in your body, you don't have to put it on. ;)

If my heels get dry, I put a farm product called "Bag Balm" on them and wear my socks to bed for one night. I don't have to do that but maybe twice a year. If you can't find the stuff for cow's udders, just use olive oil instead. Uh...not extra light...it's too smelly.

For laundry, I use Cheer for most stuff and Tide for the rest. I only use powder. I have a stacked front loader and it's easier.

And I'm very annoyed at the recent trend towards liquids, as it's not at all convenient for my setup.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
As far as dish soap is concerned...I use whatever Anti-Bacterial dish soap that is on sale, normally Dawn or Joy.

I'm very particular about my hand soap, shampoos and even lotion for that matter. I have naturally curly hair and very dry skin. I order all my soaps, shampoos, lotions, shower gel and body butters from a store on E-bay. The owners are wonderful people and everything is 100% natural, homeade and smells beyond wonderful. My husband even loves their stuff.

Although, I spend a little bit more for such items...it's worth it. The products of totally gentle for my kids too. My skin doesn't dry out totally and my hair looks well, a little less frizzy than it would otherwise.

As far as laundry detergent is concerned...we use Gain...the Mango Apple stuff (I think that's what it is). Laundry detergent is overpriced, if you ask me. I'd much rather spend money on something smellie to put on my skin, instead (like lotion...aaaahhh).

I prefer liquid detergent.