• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Soap

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
So, you walk into a bathroom and you need to wash your hands. On the sink infront of you is a bar of soap and a bottle of liquid soap. In smell and so on they are the same. WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE??? And what, tell me honestly, what does a person's choice say about them? Their psychology? Their philosophy? Their very being?

And how badly would you judge the person who chose a different soap to you??

Workman

UNIQUE
So, you walk into a bathroom and you need to wash your hands. On the sink infront of you is a bar of soap and a bottle of liquid soap. In smell and so on they are the same. WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE??? And what, tell me honestly, what does a person's choice say about them? Their psychology? Their philosophy? Their very being?

To be honest! I’ll rinse with water

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the bathrooms we use soap bars, any half reasonable one that lathers in hard water. In the kitchen its marseillaise cuisiner liquid, its anti bacterial and formulated for use in the kitchen.

People can use whatever soap they want so long as they don't forget to bathe, stinking bodies make we want to puke.

Treks

Well, this is complicated.

I would choose the liquid soap unless it's my own bathroom.

To me, a person's choice between the bar and liquid soap doesn't say anything conclusive about them. You'd need to have a discussion about it. But some thoughts if they chose the bar:
  • They may be more easy going, where they just choose the first thing they feel like using in that moment - they don't bother putting much thought into the choice. The idea that the bar harbours more bacteria doesn't bother them.
  • Or it could be the opposite - they choose the bar because they want to encourage their immune system to get stronger by exposing it to a variety of bacteria.
  • Or, perhaps they choose the bar because they believe it had less environmental impact than the liquid soap - it probably didn't come in a rigid plastic bottle.
And if they choose the liquid:
  • They may be more highly strung, concerned about bacteria and hygiene to a degree that may be irrational if the bar of soap looks clean but they still use the liquid.
  • Perhaps they think using liquid is more efficient and creates less mess to be cleaned up on the sink, making them conscientious and considerate.
  • They may have had bad experiences in the past with soggy, hairy, dirty bars of soap that make the idea of handling a bar of soap off-putting.
I don't think I'd judge a person badly owing to their choice unless the bar of soap was disgusting and they used it anyway. Then I would think they are careless and foolish.

The end.

Ellen Brown

Um, what?

Treks

But you know, in the shower I much prefer bar soap. I feel that people judge me for that.

My sister always looks at me skew-whiff and goes, "But it leads to a build up of soap scum and makes the shower harder to clean". My partner and most other people I encounter say using bar soap in the shower is gross.

But bar soap is so much more efficient in the shower. You don't need any extras like a brush or a sponge. You can manipulate the soap over your whole body and you don't have to stop every so often to fumble with the stupid liquid dispenser.

And the sensation of running out of suds/lather when I'm using liquid soap in the shower is one of those that really grates on my nerves.

Wow. I have strong opinions about soap. :O LOL

Shadow Link

Firstly, I'd prefer a soap with granules. I mostly use liquid soap for the hands. Why is foamy hand soap not an option here? This feels biased!

The chooser choice of liquid or bar soap could indicate a person's timing(essence) factors and level of dirtiness. So it could say how busy or unclean a person is.

How much they use of the liquid soap could determine something psychological in comparison to the level of their dirtiness as well as the mess they might have left.

How thoroughly they wash could say something of their philosophy.

Their being? ...I guess it's whatever the sum of all the questions put into perspective would have concluded, for the sake justice!

I don't think I've ever judged anyone for this kind of decision before. But certainly will from now on...BELIEVE ME!!!

Skwim

Veteran Member
ARGH!
frustrated-businessman-with-head-in-hands.jpg

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!

Workman

UNIQUE
For which scent goes on to you will not define you, but whom which you scent of need is what will defile you.

Either. Variety is the spice of life :D

People who use anti-bacterial soap cause harm to society and they should stop doing so.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm too indecisive. I just choose to leave the bathroom without washing my hands and find another bathroom with one soap option.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You can manipulate the soap over your whole body

You are tremendously more flexible than I am. Because I just can't reach the middle of my back or even come close. Of course, being a 73-year old male has nothing to do with my flexibility and lack thereof.

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Our society as a whole world wide is so fractured that it isn't surprising one more divide would arrive. And over soap.

I use the pump soap. Reason being, germs accumulate on the bar variety. Whereas on the pump handle at least the soap that dispenses can cleanse the hand that dispensed the product.
Another thing to note for best hygine practice in a public facility is to use toilet paper or if available paper towel so as to open the door to exit. If the door pulls in of course. And if paper towels are available, use those even to open and secure the stall door.
If not available, use the bottom of your shirt or blouse as a barrier between your hand and those doors, handles.

The worst transferable germs and virus are on those articles in a public bathroom.
And also, if there's only a blow dryer for your hands, consider elbowing your way into the stall again after washing so as to dry with toilet paper.
Studies show bacteria accumulate in the hand dryer itself while stationary. And then when activated the high heat affects those and blow them onto your wet hands.

Science Alert
Here's The Gross Truth About Bathroom Hand Dryers
CARLY CASSELLA
13 APR 2018
If you're a germophobe who wants to use a public bathroom ever again, you might want to stop reading this.

Because it turns out, while bathroom hand dryers can be more environmental than paper towels, they can also be a whirlpool of faecal matter.

A different study showed the worst bacteria in a persons day to day? Fecal matter etc..., is found on.......cell phones. :confused: Some people are so attached to their phones that they text or talk while they....

More Articles - cell phones e-coli

UK Study 2011
1 in 6 cellphones have fecal E. coli traces

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So, you walk into a bathroom and you need to wash your hands. On the sink infront of you is a bar of soap and a bottle of liquid soap. In smell and so on they are the same. WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE???

Sorry...couldn't help myself.....

TheresOnlyNow

The Mind Is Everything. U R What U Think
Not the kind I use.
Brand name is "Zest", and it kills everything.
In a pinch, it doubles as industrial floor wax stripper.

Works for me!
Tom
Most soaps and shampoos, among other manufacture personal hygine products, and even pet items, qualify as containing industrial floor wax stripper and its other use is to cause the suds action that lead us to believe a cleanser is working. It's called, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE.

*(And sodium Lauryl Sulfates)
Why Sodium Lauryl Sulfates (SLS) Are Causing Hair Loss

Not something one would want to use on their face if they value skin quality over time. An actress years ago made the observation her skin on her face was bad because for years in the shower she washed her face while shampooing. (With the shampoo)