• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So why doesn't god heal amputees?

Bronze

Bronze
Christians give him him credit for healing pretty much most thing that we have cure for, but never has he just spontaneously healed an amputees missing limb i the same manner. why is that? does he have a grudge against cripples in general? they are not worthy?

darn it, the title should read "why doesnt god heal amputees'........i hate myself.......

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Christians give him him credit for healing pretty much most thing that we have cure for, but never has he just spontaneously healed an amputees missing limb i the same manner. why is that? does he have a grudge against cripples in general? they are not worthy?
Obviously something like that.

darn it, the title should read "why doesnt god heal amputees'........i hate myself.......
It does now.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
healing an amputated limb out of the blue would be something miraculous.

and in my understanding, miracles don't happen these days.

FFH

Veteran Member

There are documented accounts. I know of one, but don't think there is a link I can hook you up with..

Will look though...

Just recently have been looking for documented creative miracles on the net, but didn't really look that hard...

Will look again and post any and all findings later on this thread..

Excellent question and yes he (God) has spontaneously created missing limbs in modern times...

I know this for a fact...

Edit: On U-tube there is a documented case of three facial burn victims who were completely healed with no scars.

If you want I'll post that here...

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Christianity gives an amputee a sense of something beyond the physical. The loss of a limb becomes superficial; there is spiritual hope! Why focus on a physical loss?

Not the healing you had in mind, but it does provide the amputee with mental healing.

Bronze

Bronze
Christianity gives an amputee a sense of something beyond the physical. The loss of a limb becomes superficial; there is spiritual hope! Why focus on a physical loss?

Not the healing you had in mind, but it does provide the amputee with mental healing.

dont you see the hypocracy and contradiction in your statements?

if he doesnt heal amputees because the physical body is not importaint, then why DOES he heal other bodily ailements?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
II Corinthians 12:7 To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. -NIV

Since I am missing no appendages, it would be presumptive to suggest that they are not important. In reality, only losing a loved one completely would rank worse than becoming an amputee. But I have my own thorns, and I find that they DO make me stronger.

FFH

Veteran Member
He doesn't. He specializes in fixing hearts.
and missing limbs, provided one has faith for that type of creative healing...

I just about lost my foot due to a motorcycle accident just under two years ago..

It took over a year to recover from it, but I did not even step into a doctors office, but received both prayers and a blessing, and my foot has since completely recovered.

If it were not for these prayers and blessings I would not be walking today, no doubt for sure, I would have been messed up for several years at least...

It still took a year to recover, and I was out of work for a year, but on one occasion, three months after the accident, when I was absolutely unable to put any pressure on my foot, or walk on it for that matter, I was instantly able to walk on it for short periods of time, after someone prayed for me and told me I would be able to do that which I was unable to do before....

I was told that God had knitted back together the bones that were crushed, but for some reason the soft tissue he left to heal itself, which took over a year and almost two years later I finally have no more pain...

I know my bones were healed instantly and miraculously, because I could literally feel it happen...

They went back into place or were recreated without any breaks...

FFH

Veteran Member
really? then why do people pray for other peoples health? like when they are dying or have perhaps a non lethal but serious disease? then why pray if that is true?
There is a documented case of a woman who had her leg amputated and it has since began to regrow slowly so there are X-rays to prove the short regrowth, which she expects to continue unil whe has a completely new lower leg and foot.

I will provide a link later because I'm still at work...

God works slowly sometimes so we can document the healing...

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Are you seriously implying G-d hates me because I'm a "cripple"?

And thank you for using one of the most offensive words you could.

Bronze

Bronze
Are you seriously implying G-d hates me because I'm a "cripple"?

no, i am an atheist

And thank you for using one of the most offensive words you could.

whats the big deal deal, its just the word that properly describes you, if you are crippled, then you are 'a' cripple, just like if you are redheaded, then you are 'a' redhead. why is it offensive?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
well i dont actually think so obviously, but christians sugges he does both directly, and indirectly by praying to god to heal things like cancer and pretty much any sickness or condition.

It could be argued that It (I prefer the gender-neutral) does, through the compassion of doctors who can give amputees artificial limbs.

And there are medical studies that have shown the healing power of things like prayer and meditation. Even if one takes God as only a symbol that is prayed to, there is some healing done.