• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Who Are The Adults Pulling The Strings of the Child Climate Change Protests?

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah that guy Hiram Nylon*, or whatever he's called, that used to advise Trump, blames it on a conspiracy by the Chinese to undermine the US economy. A decade ago he was claiming it was a conspiracy by the EU to , er, undermine the US economy.

*I've checked: he's called Myron Ebell.:D
Hiram Nylon sounds like a much cooler name for him.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?
I will not debate or argue, just curious others views

This seems very contrived and overacted:

Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"

Had I known how to shout this loud as a child I would have been doing the same thing 20 years ago.

Notanumber

A Free Man
We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?
I will not debate or argue, just curious others views

This seems very contrived and overacted:

Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"

I notice that the comments have been disabled for that video.

I wonder who wrote her script.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I notice that the comments have been disabled for that video.

I wonder who wrote her script.
Let's look at your comment for a moment :) You are aware that every politician( adult) do have their own speechwriter? So if I turn out she has someone helping her to write it, it is not more strange then ADULT known politicians like Trump. George Bush, Jo Biden, Or all the British poitican have their own writers, maybe they dont know as much even they are Adults?
So why criticize her for "maybe" having a writer? It is called getting help to get the message out there.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Let's look at your comment for a moment :) You are aware that every politician( adult) do have their own speechwriter? So if I turn out she has someone helping her to write it, it is not more strange then ADULT known politicians like Trump. George Bush, Jo Biden, Or all the British poitican have their own writers, maybe they dont know as much even they are Adults?
So why criticize her for "maybe" having a writer? It is called getting help to get the message out there.

She is being used by the unscrupulous.

If using and abusing children is the only way to get your message across, there is something seriously wrong with your message.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
She is being used by the unscrupulous.

If using and abusing children is the only way to get your message across, there is something seriously wrong with your message.
As I said earlier in this thread I have spoken to her in real life, face to face, and she did not have a script, nor did she have an adult spoon-feeding her info she had to give me as an adult. She is for real and she has been interested and study the field of environmental issues for many years already. Her family supports her quest for a better world, but they do admit they have less knowledge about environmental issues then she has.
She is a young adult with her own thoughts and her own mindset of how the world she wants to live in, in the future can become a reality.

I start to think that some adult is afraid of her knowledge because they as an adult do not understand what she talking about.

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?

I have very mixed feelings about Greta Thurnberg's speech. The first time I heard it, both my mum and I did cry. I do think we are doing something very wrong. And it is a measure of just how wrong we've got it that it takes a child to express the moral clarity of what we should already know and should have motivated us to get on with this a long time ago. It is on the one hand very painful, but you can't help feeling "this can't be true" if only in a weird self-defence mechanism for my own/ our own ego.

However, we are basically now talking about "end of the world" scenarios. It is extremely hard not to flinch at this kind of thing and think "that's crazy", because it is. Our collective behaviour is irrational and makes little or no sense at all, but here we are. This is where we have got ourselves and it's insane that we have carried on the way we have in-spite of all the risks. If they are in a position to judge, I don't really know what future generations and their historians will say of our behaviour, but I don't expect it will be kind. It's the strange sense of our individual and collective powerlessness that really begs the question of what the hell is actually going on.

The instinct is to protect children by not talking about it, but effectively our kids are on the front line of this thing and our continued inaction is putting them in harms way. Not talking about it doesn't stop it being real or affecting them. They have every right to stage climate strikes at their schools and it is important that they- the very people who will suffer the consequences of our inaction- speak out. This isn't to say there aren't uncertianities in the scientific models but that shouldn't stop us from recognising what needs to be done. I only hope we are not too late.

Notanumber

A Free Man
As i said earlier in this tread i have spoken to her in real life, face to face, and she did not have a script, nor did she have an adult spoon-feeding her info she had to give me as an adult. She is for real and she has been interested and study the field of environmental issues for many years already. Her family supports her quest for a better world, but they do admit they have less knowledge about environmental issues then she has.
She is a young adult with her own thoughts and her own mindset of how the world she wants to live in, in the future can become a reality.

I start to think that some adult is afraid of her knowledge because they as an adult do not understand what she talking about.

The Australian media are not falling for it.

Greta has admitted in an interview that one of the reasons why she became radicalised and indoctrinated is because they showed her videos of starving polar bears.

'Alarmist rhetoric' on climate change not borne out by figures: Coalition backbencher

‘Facts don’t matter’ with global warming

Notanumber

A Free Man
I have very mixed feelings about Greta Thurnberg's speech. The first time I heard it, both my mum and I did cry. I do think we are doing something very wrong. And it is a measure of just how wrong we've got it that it takes a child to express the moral clarity of what we should already know and should have motivated us to get on with this a long time ago. It is on the one hand very painful, but you can't help feeling "this can't be true" if only in a weird self-defence mechanism for my own/ our own ego.

However, we are basically now talking about "end of the world" scenarios. It is extremely hard not to flinch at this kind of thing and think "that's crazy", because it is. Our collective behaviour is irrational and makes little or no sense at all, but here we are. This is where we have got ourselves and it's insane that we have carried on the way we have in-spite of all the risks. If they are in a position to judge, I don't really know what future generations and their historians will say of our behaviour, but I don't expect it will be kind. It's the strange sense of our individual and collective powerlessness that really begs the question of what the hell is actually going on.

The instinct is to protect children by not talking about it, but effectively our kids are on the front line of this thing and our continued inaction is putting them in harms way. Not talking about it doesn't stop it being real or affecting them. They have every right to stage climate strikes at their schools and it is important that they- the very people who will suffer the consequences of our inaction- speak out. This isn't to say there aren't uncertianities in the scientific models but that shouldn't stop us from recognising what needs to be done. I only hope we are not too late.

Too late to do what exactly?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Australian media are not falling for it.

Greta has admitted in an interview that one of the reasons why she became radicalised and indoctrinated is because they showed her videos of starving polar bears.

'Alarmist rhetoric' on climate change not borne out by figures: Coalition backbencher

‘Facts don’t matter’ with global warming

Maybe it only means that she has compassion for suffering animals? Maybe she actually is adult enough in her mind that she understood the Adult of today in this world does not care about the future, because they will themself be gone when Greta will be an adult woman?

It is so easy for the Adult politicians today to shuffle the problem in front of themself and let the young people take it, then when young people ACTUALLY do something about it, the ignorant Adults laugh and make jokes about the young people.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Maybe it only means that she has compassion for suffering animals? Maybe she actually is adult enough in her mind that she understood the Adult of today in this world does not care about the future, because they will themself be gone when Greta will be an adult woman?

It is so easy for the Adult politicians today to shuffle the problem in front of themself and let the young people take it, then when young people ACTUALLY do something about it, the ignorant Adults laugh and make jokes about the young people.

The point is that polar bears are not starving but that misinformation was used to radicalise and indoctrinate her.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Notanumber

A Free Man
Actually there is part of the polar bear population that DO starving because the ice they were living on has melted, and they are hunting on the ice, So instead of walking a mile to find food, they must walk much further before they find something to eat.

Already Threatened Polar Bears Face Food Shortage Crisis Amid Climate Change | HuffPost

This is typical all or nothing thinking that afflicts science deniers. Yes, some polar bears are doing well , but not all of them. What matters is what is happening to the total population, not just select populations.

These starving polar bears falsely blamed on climate change have scared kids to death

These starving polar bears falsely blamed on climate change have scared kids to death

Dr Susan Crockford -- White Lie: The Cruel Abuse of a Starving Polar Bear

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Dr Susan Crockford -- White Lie: The Cruel Abuse of a Starving Polar Bear

Do you base your view of climate change out of one video that claims that it was false that All starving polar bears are not starving from climate change? The climate change does not only remove all the ice but it gives polar bears sickness like CANCER, as the reporter in your video evidence mention. So yes not only is the ice melting, pollution destroys animals that become sick and dies.
Threats to polar bears

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We only grow smarter and wiser until 45-50, then we start deteriorate and revert back to childhood again. The older you are, the less adult you get. ;)

Ahh, i am on the upper limit and really do wish to remain adult