• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Who Are The Adults Pulling The Strings of the Child Climate Change Protests?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?
I will not debate or argue, just curious others views

This seems very contrived and overacted:

Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"
Science teachers?
I mean I remember learning about climate change back when I was in Primary School in the late 90s early 2000s.
They called it the “greenhouse affect” back then. But it was more or less climate change.
Slactivism and environmentalism was all the rage of course (see Captain Planet.)
A lot of the predictions have come to fruition even in that short time. And we’ve been trying to get our idiot government to lower its reliance on fossil fuels and lower pollution. We’ve even tried to get shops to eliminate plastic. Some got rid of plastic bags, which was a nice start. Then they brought out plastic collectibles for kids to entice shoppers. Which engendered a massive eye roll from everyone.

I commend these youngsters on their eagerness to try to develop a better future. Maybe they can do more than us.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It's a joke. They're indoctrinating the kids. These kids know nothing other than what they've been told.

To a large degree, we're all standing on the shoulders of the folks who came before us, correct? Do you REALLY know how your PC works? Or your cell phone? Yes, Greta is relying on what climate scientists are telling us.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
To a large degree, we're all standing on the shoulders of the folks who came before us, correct? Do you REALLY know how your PC works? Or your cell phone? Yes, Greta is relying on what climate scientists are telling us.
You have to take into account how with modern conservatism, "relying on scientists" is an anathema. Think of it this way....can you name any science-oriented public issue in the last 30 years that conservatives have been on the right side of?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
My eldest twins age 13 are very concerned about the mess being left for them by this current generation of climate deniers

My youngest daughter age 9 gets very angry at the ignorance of some people

You have no idea of the minds of children. I suggest you speak to sone before making bloody stupid comments like that in future
There were days when I taught that I learned so much from my students that I really pondered what I was doing. Some were just so intelligent.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Why doesn't anyone let Greta come to their homes run their lives? Oh....that's right...she's eleven freakin' years old...(but evidently knows more than anyone else on this subject). I guess this Global Warming/Climate Change scam needed some fresh blood and younger face (where is Al Gore, BTW?).
"Greta Thunberg (/ˈtʊnbɜːrɡ/ TUUN-burg, Swedish: [²ɡreːta ²tʉːnbærj] ( listen).) FRSGS (born 3 January 2003)" - Greta Thunberg - Wikipedia
It is easy to know more than you if you have the capacity to research a claim before making it.

shmogie

It is fantastic that young people like Greta care about the environment, and no she is not pushed by parents or other adults, this is her own free will to work for the environment. More people like her should be taking more part in the future of this planet :)
Sigh, Children are abused in a whole manner of ways, witness the hitler youth. They make great propaganda tools, and can be easily programmed by the right programmer.

It is disgusting that some idiot puts imminent death into a kids mind, which is all a political position, and kids are manipulated to support it.

I assure you the world will not cease to exist in 12 years. Al Gore will still be making false predictions and the chicken littles will still be running around screaming the sky is falling.

We should be hearing from citizens of the great polluters of earth, who are nowhere close to the standards regarding carbon emissions achieved by American industry.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Sigh, Children are abused in a whole manner of ways, witness the hitler youth. They make great propaganda tools, and can be easily programmed by the right programmer.

It is disgusting that some idiot puts imminent death into a kids mind, which is all a political position, and kids are manipulated to support it.

I assure you the world will not cease to exist in 12 years. Al Gore will still be making false predictions and the chicken littles will still be running around screaming the sky is falling.

We should be hearing from citizens of the great polluters of earth, who are nowhere close to the standards regarding carbon emissions achieved by American industry.
The world is not ending in 12 years, i is around 12 years more with continues pollution and we are at the point where it will be impossible to reverse the situation back to a 0% pollution and there will be visible damage for always in nature if we do not stop polluting our planet.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men

Are you freaking kidding me? You've just associated this young lady's activism with child abuse and Nazism.

I can't even begin to describe how disappointed and disgusted I am. Is the possibility that the world's climatologists might be right so much of a threat to you that you have to stoop to this?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Blah, blah, blah...can't happen soon enough for me...little brats need a dose of reality...
Conservatives used to loudly tout themselves as people of morality and responsibility...

...so what the hell happened? Now you're all about ****ting your pants and making it someone else's problem.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I assure you the world will not cease to exist in 12 years.

This seems like a disingenuous comment to me. For example, let's say that if we don't make HUGE changes, in 12 years there will be no way to stop sea levels from rising such that ONE BILLION people will be displaced from their homes in the next 30-40 years. (This BTW, is a pretty plausible estimate.) Would all life on the planet cease to exist? Of course not. But imagine what impact ONE BILLION homeless people would have on society. Society as we know it would - in fact - cease to exist.

So @shmogie - what's an acceptable degradation of our environment to you? Such that you can smugly say "well, the planet still exists".

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Science teachers?
I mean I remember learning about climate change back when I was in Primary School in the late 90s early 2000s.
They called it the “greenhouse affect” back then. But it was more or less climate change.
Slactivism and environmentalism was all the rage of course (see Captain Planet.)
A lot of the predictions have come to fruition even in that short time. And we’ve been trying to get our idiot government to lower its reliance on fossil fuels and lower pollution. We’ve even tried to get shops to eliminate plastic. Some got rid of plastic bags, which was a nice start. Then they brought out plastic collectibles for kids to entice shoppers. Which engendered a massive eye roll from everyone.

I commend these youngsters on their eagerness to try to develop a better future. Maybe they can do more than us.
Oil companies knew about the greenhouse effect decades ago. They were concerned, at first, but later began sweeping concerns under the rug when it dawned on them that public awareness of the problem could cut into their bottom line.
Oil industry knew of 'serious' climate concerns more than 45 years ago

Milton Platt

We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?
I will not debate or argue, just curious others views

This seems very contrived and overacted:

Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"
I don't really care who is assisting them, if that is so.