• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Who Are The Adults Pulling The Strings of the Child Climate Change Protests?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Why doesn't anyone let Greta come to their homes run their lives? Oh....that's right...she's eleven freakin' years old...(but evidently knows more than anyone else on this subject).
Are we in agreement then that we should listen to those who know the most about this subject?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Thank you...

Sooo....you enjoy being lectured by a know it all 16 year old?

My mistake...then I guess she really knows wth she's talking about...

Blah, blah, blah...can't happen soon enough for me...little brats need a dose of reality...
As long she knows more about the subject in the discussion than I , it does no matter if a person is younger then me. And since I already have spoken with her face to face I know her skill level on topics around pollution is a lot higher than mine. so I have a lot to learn from her.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Thank you...

Sooo....you enjoy being lectured by a know it all 16 year old?

My mistake...then I guess she really knows wth she's talking about...

Blah, blah, blah...can't happen soon enough for me...little brats need a dose of reality...

Yep, she knows what she is talking about. That some of the adults here won't let themselves learn is rather amazing.

A quick related question: Do you know what left wing politician first raised the alarm about global warming?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I don't like posting this, but let me just say that anyone at this stage who doesn't accept the fact that climate change is taking place and that most of it is caused by human endeavors simply are self-inflicted fools.
It's pretty much in the category of flat-earthism and young-earth creationism.

The science on this has become well-established, and it is the height of arrogance or ignorance (or both) for one to "think" that they know more than what the scientists as NAS, the DoD, NASA, Scientific American, National Geographic, etc. have known for about two decades now.
About 15 years ago I was the climate change coordinator for our office, which meant I attended a fair number of workshops with climatologists. Just about everything they told us would happen, is happening right now, right in front of us. It's both impressive and concerning.

And anyone who actually blindly swallows what the right-wing propagandists try to convince us of is guilty of having stupidity on steroids.
Just remember, climatologists are all dishonest, greedy, power-hungry activists, but pundits, talking heads, and spokespeople funded by fossil fuel companies are entirely trustworthy! :rolleyes:

We are dealing with a basic destruction of the eco-systems throughout much of the world as we are seeing! No one in their right mind should be playing politics on something as serious as this. Some need to grow up and do the damn homework!

[sorry for the rant :(, but I get sick & tired of the utter ignorance and/or dishonesty of some people]
I'm right there with ya.

74x12

And there you have it, you dont have kids so you dont give a toss how you screw up the world for other peoples kids. How very christian of you
A cynical and futile attempt to turn my own post against me. Nice try though. :clapping:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's pretty much in the category of flat-earthism and young-earth creationism.

About 15 years ago I was the climate change coordinator for our office, which meant I attended a fair number of workshops with climatologists. Just about everything they told us would happen, is happening right now, right in front of us. It's both impressive and concerning.

Just remember, climatologists are all dishonest, greedy, power-hungry activists, but pundits, talking heads, and spokespeople funded by fossil fuel companies are entirely trustworthy! :rolleyes:

I'm right there with ya.
I used to debate against this about ten years ago. But I was an exceptionally rare bird. I was a true skeptic. I read the posts from the other side and dang it, they had the better arguments. It was finally Lord Monckton that convinced me that I was wrong. Yes, Lord Monckton that argues against climate change convinced me of it. I noticed that his debating tactics were almost identical to that of creationists. I reasoned if climate change is fake why the need for such dishonest tactics?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sounds a bit like religion - but these kids are worried, and rightly so, today's indecision affects them; it's too late for me.

More power to them.

Yep, I could buy a for Excursion and get 5 mpg and not give a fig myself. In the time that I have left the climate, especially the local climate here, will not change all that much. If it was all about me I would be lobbying for a buck a gallon gas.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I used to debate against this about ten years ago. But I was an exceptionally rare bird. I was a true skeptic. I read the posts from the other side and dang it, they had the better arguments. It was finally Lord Monckton that convinced me that I was wrong. Yes, Lord Monckton that argues against climate change convinced me of it. I noticed that his debating tactics were almost identical to that of creationists. I reasoned if climate change is fake why the need for such dishonest tactics?
That's a neat story. I'm guessing it also helped that you have critical thinking skills and can evaluate positions and arguments on their own merits, rather than from some sense of tribalism.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I find it very sad that children know more and care more about the future of humanity than some "supposed" adults, including at least one who claims religious superiority.
It's been both fascinating and infuriating to watch evangelical Christians go from "it's a hoax", to "it's happening, but it's all part of the end times".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's a neat story. I'm guessing it also helped that you have critical thinking skills and can evaluate positions and arguments on their own merits, rather than from some sense of tribalism.
Not quite 100% correct since it was largely tribalism that led to my original opposition to the concept. I am not perfect, fighting one's flaws is an endless battle.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you admit it's like a religion.

No, opposition to the concept is like religion since it is based upon faith. Accepting global warming should be done on the basis of evidence and there is more than enough to convince those without prejudice, and even some that are prejudiced.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I find it very sad that children know more and care more about the future of humanity than some "supposed" adults, including at least one who claims religious superiority.
We only grow smarter and wiser until 45-50, then we start deteriorate and revert back to childhood again. The older you are, the less adult you get. ;)